Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now in Stock: New 200 Series Dimmers & Switches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    We have handlers for both switches here:

http://helpdesk.homeseer.com/category/85-wswdwa

If we are missing anything that you would like to add, feel free to send them to me and I will update them.
    Ok. That driver is Darwin's and he did a good job on it (I copied it originally in order to understand CentralScene since it was not documented elsewhere).
    In setLevel() there is a mistake often scene in the Smartthings code, the value is reduced to being between 0..99. A value of 254 should for instance turn on the light and not adjust the value in the switch. Values like 100 and 253, have special meaning (this is off the top of my head, so I could be wrong/out of date).
    The scenes stored in 1 and 2 in the switch are not activated from CentralScene (there is some discussion on what inventor intended). The Key Events for central scene are not fully described. The code account for event 0 and 1, but doesn't describe them out in events. Held is ignored. Does the Homeseer switch fully support the latest in Central Scene?
    The dim preferences don't appear at first glance to protect LED bulbs (aka the one that are meant to dim which can on average go to 20% of standard voltage (I can't think of the right words to describe that at the moment)).
    There is also a numbed of things missing in order to enable multiple controllers to play well with one another while receiving LifeLine messages.

Could you post the XML describing the switch? I would just buy a switch, but I want to know what I am getting
    What new classes were added? what were removed? Does the switch still support up to five lifelines? What commands does the lifeline support?
    Thanks!

Comment

As for central scene, the 200 are identical to the 100 except they add 4 and 5 taps.

The Alliance builds that XML file and it should be up maybe by tomorrow.

There is only one lifeline, association #1.

No new classes other than it supports S2 security, but ST does not support that anyway so it will just add unsecure.

The LED colors are all set using parameters which you can see in the current device file.

The ramp rates use different parameters from the 100 series.

I can tell you the switch and dimmer work fine with ST. You need to use the CoRE app if you want to have events change the LED colors.

Originally posted by brianaker View Post
      Ok. That driver is Darwin's and he did a good job on it (I copied it originally in order to understand CentralScene since it was not documented elsewhere).
      In setLevel() there is a mistake often scene in the Smartthings code, the value is reduced to being between 0..99. A value of 254 should for instance turn on the light and not adjust the value in the switch. Values like 100 and 253, have special meaning (this is off the top of my head, so I could be wrong/out of date).
      The scenes stored in 1 and 2 in the switch are not activated from CentralScene (there is some discussion on what inventor intended). The Key Events for central scene are not fully described. The code account for event 0 and 1, but doesn't describe them out in events. Held is ignored. Does the Homeseer switch fully support the latest in Central Scene?
      The dim preferences don't appear at first glance to protect LED bulbs (aka the one that are meant to dim which can on average go to 20% of standard voltage (I can't think of the right words to describe that at the moment)).
      There is also a numbed of things missing in order to enable multiple controllers to play well with one another while receiving LifeLine messages.

Could you post the XML describing the switch? I would just buy a switch, but I want to know what I am getting
      What new classes were added? what were removed? Does the switch still support up to five lifelines? What commands does the lifeline support?
      Thanks!
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The ramp rates use different parameters from the 100 series.

Is the overall dimming range the same as the HS-WD100+ dimmers?

We still need a dimmer that dims to a lower level than the HS-WD100+ (even going back to 5.14 firmware).
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Should be the same as the 100. The range depends on the bulb. I have one on an incandescent bulb and it dims very low. LED bulbs are a challenge.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Is the overall dimming range the same as the HS-WD100+ dimmers?

We still need a dimmer that dims to a lower level than the HS-WD100+ (even going back to 5.14 firmware).

Comment

As for central scene, the 200 are identical to the 100 except they add 4 and 5 taps.

There is only one lifeline, association #1.
            Let me try to get my terms correctly stated, are saying that Group #1 only supports one node for Z-Wave Plus Lifeline on the 200 series? The previous version of the switch supported five, as do modern GE switches/etc.
            Supporting only a single node for lifeline would create a major regression in functionality in the switch.

Or are you saying just the reset event is limited to a single association? (Sorry if I am misunderstand you)

Thanks!

Comment

I meant there is only one association, group 1, which does support up to 5 nodes and is required by Z-Wave for the lifeline. Its the same as on the 100.

Originally posted by brianaker View Post
              Let me try to get my terms correctly stated, are saying that Group #1 only supports one node for Z-Wave Plus Lifeline on the 200 series? The previous version of the switch supported five, as do modern GE switches/etc.
              Supporting only a single node for lifeline would create a major regression in functionality in the switch.

Or are you saying just the reset event is limited to a single association? (Sorry if I am misunderstand you)

Thanks!

Comment

Replace 100 Series With 200 Series?

How do you replace a working 100 series switch with a 200 series switch and keep all of your events in tact? I have searched the board and can not find any definitive answer.

Can someone post a step by step process?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
                  How do you replace a working 100 series switch with a 200 series switch and keep all of your events in tact? I have searched the board and can not find any definitive answer.

Thanks,

Jim
                  You want the "Replace Node" button on the Z-Wave tab of the root node. It works great.
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

It will replace a working node? Do I add the new 200 series switch first, then use replace node?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Comment

It will replace a working node? Do I add the new 200 series switch first, then use replace node?

Thanks in advance.

Jim
                      The node you are replacing must be offline, so you replace the 100 with a 200 then use Replace Node. It will put the new switch in, retaining the previous RefID (not breaking events). Do not exclude the 100 and do not power it until after the replacement. Then you can do a reset on the 100. Do not exclude the 100 from the original controller as it might delete the 200.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Add the 200 series switch, then delete all the devices just created but note the new node id. Then go to the Z-Wave tab on the 100 series switch and use the node drop list to change the node id to the new switch.

That should work but some things may not be correct, like it will only show up to 3 taps on the status/graphics tab rather than the full # of taps. You can try a re-scan, but I don't believe it will rebuild the status/graphics info.

You can try the replace function as mentioned, but I think the results will be the same.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

HS-WS200+ LEDs?

Received my order of a couple HS-WD200+ and one HS-WS200+

The store website and on the box state that the HS-WS200+ has LED indicators.

Box: "Programmable multi-colored indicators"

The HS-WS200+ switch does not have the LED indicators on the left front side of the switch. I was hoping to replace a HS0WD100+ to have visual indication of certain devices around the house.

Are both the website and the box typos?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Received my order of a couple HS-WD200+ and one HS-WS200+

The store website and on the box state that the HS-WS200+ has LED indicators.

Box: "Programmable multi-colored indicators"

The HS-WS200+ switch does not have the LED indicators on the left front side of the switch. I was hoping to replace a HS0WD100+ to have visual indication of certain devices around the house.

Thanks,

Jim
                            I think it would be more accurate for the HS-WS200+ if it said "Has a multi-colored indicator" in the singular form as it only has one multi-color LED spot.

Unless it is counting the different LED colors that make up the full range of colors as independent indicators, which would be a little disingenuous as they're under the same dome and controllable as one indicator.

Comment

Thanks,

Jim
                              Yes Jim.. they are indeed typos. The was switch only has one (1) LED indicator. Sorry for the confusion. The website has been updated and the boxes will be fixed in the next printing.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                                Yes Jim.. they are indeed typos. The was switch only has one (1) LED indicator. Sorry for the confusion. The website has been updated and the boxes will be fixed in the next printing.
                                Thanks for the clarification.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X