No announcement yet.

How to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just looked and found this note. It appears it can't be installed per the licensing agreement.
    Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7 Enterprise (WS7E) which does not include Microsoft Multitouch - this is excluded by license and cannot be installed later on.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, found that also

bottom line when you buy an S6 you can not use a touch screen Monitor!

Comment

Give this site a try.

http://touch-base.com/
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

tried that and some other drivers also.

looks like to S6 will end up in the recycle bin.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbJetKits View Post
            tried that and some other drivers also.

looks like to S6 will end up in the recycle bin.
            I would sell it before trashing it as this is the first request I've ever seen where someone asked about using a touch screen with this hardware. Meaning most users would be happy to have this hardware and you could recoup some of your money at least.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

yes, I can sell the S6 once I have another pc up and running.
              I think $400 plus shipping is a fair price

Comment

Personally I would purchase another little computer for your HSTouch stuff.

IE: I am currently utilizing small footprint capacitance tablet top Intel Atom based PCs. These are hardware modded and run Linux, Android or Windows Embedded.

Today you can purchase a PipoX7 running Windows 8.1 lite and Homeseer touch for around $100. The footprint is smaller than the S6 such that you can velcro it on the top of the S6 and use the Homeseer 3 touch client in Windows 8.1.

Quickie synopsis is:

1 - Keep you S6 for running HS3 Pro
                2 - purchase an autonomously connected mini PC for just running HS3 Pro HSTouch in whatever OS you want.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am looking at the HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop That comes with windows 8.1.

The HP can run HS3 and everything else by itself and is only $178 shipped.

I could indeed use the HP and run just a HSTouch client on it.

I prefer to run the HSTouch client on the HSTouch server machine to avoid those disconnects.

I have an android tablet that constantly disconnects from the HSTouch server and fails often to reconnect.
                  Thinking that running the HSTouch client on the HSTouch server machine as LocalHost should prevent this problem.

Comment

Going back to your original post....

S-6 Hometroller is an embedded Windows 7 machine sold as a Homeseer 3 server only with built in redundancy for doing Homeseer 3.

- Embedded Control Software: HomeSeer HS3
                    - Operating System: Windows 7 Embedded
                    - Processor: 1.8 GHz dual core Intel Celeron CPU
                    - Memory: 2 GB RAM
                    - Storage: 32 GB SSD
                    - Ports: (2) RS232, (6) USB, Mic in/Line out, (2) 10/100/1000 LAN, DVI, HDMI

Nothing more. I do not think you will have issues selling it for $400.

It is made not to modify or change nor run HSTouch client.

You can make it beefier by upping the memory, increasing the HD space and modding (changing) the embedded image that comes with it.

That said here I have been playing with an HP terminal running Windows 7e. I can connect my new multitouch larger monitor to it and it works. That said the model I purchased only has a 4Gb DOM and 2Gb of RAM which is really not enough to do touch screen stuff with it. You can modify your S-6 such that it will do more but you will void the warranty on it.

Yup; here also testing the Intel Baytrail / PipoX7 running 32bit Windows 8.1 lite. I am not getting the full potential out of it graphics wise. It runs Ubuntu 64 bit way faster. Many folks are running HS3 on these and it works for them.

I prefer to run the HSTouch client on the HSTouch server machine to avoid those disconnects.
                    The above said the HP Stream 200-010 is not really a graphics machine such that you may bog it down a bit running both Homeseer 3 and Homeseer 3 touch on it.

If you want give it a try and see for yourself.

If you prefer to do a small footprint combo you will need a machine with a bit more horsepower like maybe an Intel NUC running an Intel iSeries CPU with more RAM.

Personally here running HS3 on two boxes. One is an RPi2 and the other is running with an Intel iSeries / 16Gb of RAM. I can do much more with the Intel CPU PC than the RPi2. That is my opinion though.

I have an android tablet that constantly disconnects from the HSTouch server and fails often to reconnect.

Thinking that running the HSTouch client on the HSTouch server machine as LocalHost should prevent this problem.
                    This issue is relating to wireless in general as it is magical.
                    Last edited by Pete; June 18, 2015, 08:52 AM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I ordered the HP and will go from there.

Comment

Yup, test it out and let us know how it goes for you.

Many folks today are running Homeseer 3 on the RPi2, HP Stream and using the new Intel Baytrail CPU.

I am guessing that you will be the first running HS3 and HSTouch on a new small footprint PC.

That said other folks will want to know about it.

Here I am running a VM of Wintel server on the Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit box to run Homeseer Wintel stuff while it is talking to Homeseer 3 Pro in Linux.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                        X