xapmcsWebControl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Michael,
    I recently bought CAI Webcontrol with PLC. Can I control PLC board with xapmcsWebControl.

Thanks.

Comment

I suspect not. Did you get it through Amazon and if so how did you specify PLC vs. BLE?

Comment

Yes I got through Amazon. Need to send a separate email to seller specifying PLC.

Comment

thermostat inconsistancy

hi Michael,

xapmcsWebcontrol work fine, thanks. until i programmed a second thermostat on the same temperatur sensor as the first thermostat. Actually is works fine if the setpoint for both are the same, but as soon as i want different setpoints, the database index is shown in the temperature OnAt and OffAt boxes (the same in mcsxap in Homeseer). I guess it is due to using the same sensor for the two thermostats.

I can solve it by sticking another sensor next to the first on the spa !, but is the issue simply solvable in software ?

My application is two spa heating circuits in parallel - one is solar heating circulation pump and the backup is electrical element & pump.

Comment

xapmcsWebControl has thermostat capability that is self-contained within the WebControl and it has the abilty to send xAP event messages. Post your .ini file so I can see what you are trying to do and then we will still what approach will be needed.

Comment

Nice work. I really appreciate you spending the time and allowing free usage. However, any chance of modifying this to work w/ the PLC version too? I bought some replacements for a webcontrol that mysteriously stopped communicating. The new boards turned out to be the PLC version, and xapmcsWebControl won't work w/ them. I've been moving towards distributed control w/ centralized monitoring, and actually like the PLC version as they're more flexible than the BRE version.

I know I could use a script, and "gets" to retrieve the webcontrol values, but it would be nice to use the same method for both versions.

Comment

In retrospect I should have taken a different approach to the interface. I did not expect so many different versions popping out from CAI. I agree with you that a PLC is likely a better product for easier distributed control, but developing a software interface with this unit without actually having one is not practical. What I may do if I have time during the holiday is see what is involved in using the CGI interface. What I'm concerned about is the discovery process to learn what devices are connect to the WebControl and how to map sensors to the control elements.

Comment

No problem, and no rush. If you want I can send you one of the PLC boards to play w/. However, I ran across a post on another forum that indicated that CAI was expecting to upgrade the firmware in the future to at least support more 1-wire devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                    I suspect not. Did you get it through Amazon and if so how did you specify PLC vs. BLE?

Hi michael and others, i received 3 PLC boards without specification
                    I ordered directly as i'm from europe.

Is there a way to get the PLC versions working on your MCSWebcontrol ?

Looking forward

Comment

I obtained a PLC a few months ago with the intention of getting it working with xapmcsWebControl. I have not done it yet, but will. I cannot promise a completion date. I do not think the PLC will work with the current xapmcsWebControl. I have not tried to confirm.

Comment

I did a quick interface of the new PLC that provides you the abilty to read the sensors and control the TTL outputs of the PLC version of the WebControl module. It does not have the integrated functionality of the Thermostat control and it does nothing with respect to the PLC program that can be run in the WebControl. If you want further discussion on this then open a new thread in the xAP Discussions forum as I would like to keep the xAP Library more a repository and not generic discussion threads.
                        Last edited by Michael McSharry; May 6, 2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Invert

Hello,

I'm using a Webcontrol with an output in Invert mode. So, when I connect to the Webcontrol Web GUI and click on manual, the TTL Output shows 1 when it' off. If I click on the ON button, the TTL output goes to zero and is therefore ON. The problem is that xAPWebcontrol seems to look at this "Current State" because it thinks it's on when the TTL output state is 1 but mine is inverted. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Comment

Update made for BRE for relay inverts. I do not have config logic implemented for the PLC.

Comment

Michael, thanks! All is working well. Inverted outputs are looking good now.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm trying to get this plugin working for the first time, I have extracted the zip contents into the root of my homeseer folder, but homeseer does not see the plugin on startup so nothing extra is added to the interfaces page. I can see the dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\

any ideas why it's not beeing seen?

Thanks

Codey

Comment

Working...
                                X