Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
    Hello Bob, here are my responses to your questions:

Does the ISY have a scene with address 6187 that corresponds to the HomeSeer device?

Response: Not that I can see. I looked in the ISY Scenes tab as well as the ISY Programs tab and the only thing that seems applicable is my ISY Program to Query All modules every 15 minutes. I cannot find a reference number anywhere in the ISY99i screens. Is there some other place I can find it?
    When you select a device/scene in the ISY's admin console, Look at the top of the window on the right. It will have the device/scene name as the title in a large font, under that is the device id and device type. For a scene it will be something like "10345 - Managed Scene". The device id is what the plug-in uses to identify the device/scene. Programs have a similar id used to identify them.

But, in reviewing the code some more, I was confused by the ID. That ID is the HomeSeer ID and should be in one of the plug-in's device node records.

This implies that the plug-in's internal node list is wrong or corrupt for this device. The easiest way to correct this would be to restart the plug-in (or HomeSeer). When the plug-in starts, it will re-build it's internal node list. You could also try the "Resync" button on the plug-in status page. That will re-query the ISY for all it's information and rebuild the internal node list.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Just uploaded version 1.0.2.13. See the first post in this thread for what's new.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

ISY Insteon 1.0.2.11, HomeSeer 2.5.0.0, ISY 2.8.8

Last night I had an issue where a keypadlinc button that normally just controls an appliance module, was turning on/off half the lights in the house with each push of the button. I shut down HomeSeer, and the issue went away. Everything was normal after I restarted HomeSeer.

Tonight I went to turn on a light thru the HomeSeer web interface, and see that there are 3-4 instances of every Insteon Scene & program (But not devices). I installed 1.0.2.13 and restarted HomSeer, but nothing has changed. I also tried "Resysnc with ISY", which also had no affect.

Comment

Forgot to mention I'm getting tons of the following in the log files. Also, I was just told the bedroom light turned itself on with no explanation.

12/16/2010 7:01:56 PM ISY Insteon EVNT: Inside/Den/Light now at 0
          12/16/2010 7:02:01 PM ISY Insteon COMM: Scene Light should be ON
          12/16/2010 7:02:01 PM ISY Insteon MAIN: ISY device mapping failure for 57(4540)
          12/16/2010 7:02:01 PM ISY Insteon COMM: Sending DON, 0 to Attempt 0
          12/16/2010 7:02:01 PM ISY Insteon COMM: ISY network communication failure: Failed to send command to ISY.
          12/16/2010 7:02:01 PM ISY Insteon COMM: - The remote server returned an unexpected response: (501) OK.
          12/16/2010 7:02:01 PM ISY Insteon COMM: Sending DON, 0 to Attempt 1
          12/16/2010 7:02:01 PM ISY Insteon EVNT: Hidden Devices/Gabby's/KP.A Light now at 255
          12/16/2010 7:02:01 PM ISY Insteon COMM: ISY network communication failure: Failed to send command to ISY.
          12/16/2010 7:02:01 PM ISY Insteon COMM: - The remote server returned an unexpected response: (501) OK.
          12/16/2010 7:02:01 PM ISY Insteon COMM: Sending DON, 0 to Attempt 2
          12/16/2010 7:02:01 PM ISY Insteon COMM: Sending DON, 0 to Attempt 3
          12/16/2010 7:02:02 PM ISY Insteon COMM: Sending DON, 0 to Attempt 4
          12/16/2010 7:02:02 PM ISY Insteon COMM: ISY network communication failure: Failed to send command to ISY.
          12/16/2010 7:02:02 PM ISY Insteon COMM: - The remote server returned an unexpected response: (501) OK.
          12/16/2010 7:04:02 PM ISY Insteon EVNT: Inside/Den/Light now at 255
          12/16/2010 7:04:17 PM ISY Insteon EVNT: Inside/Den/Light now at 0

Comment

This doesn't sound good. It sounds like the device records are corrupted in the HomeSeer database and the plug-in isn't recognizing them so it creates new ones, at least for the programs and scenes. That would also explain the errors you're seeing because it looks like something is trying to send a command to a device that doesn't exist in the plug-in's device list.

Can you pick one of the programs or scenes that has 3 or 4 duplicates and send me some information about them. Specifically if you select the device from the HomeSeer status screen and click on the "Additional Information" button? You should see something like:
            Code:
            Reference ID 9591 
            Status 17 = Unknown 
            Value 21 = "True"   
            String   
            Supports Status True 
            Dimmable False 
            Interface ISY Insteon 
            Misc IO Settings 41::0 
            Misc Settings Status Set Notify

The Misc IO setting is what I'm most interested in. That should have the ISY device ID and is how the HomeSeer record and the ISY device are linked. I suspect that one of them will be correct and the other's will be wrong.

I'm not sure how the keypadlinc button could control lights it's not linked to. Maybe if the lookup of the HomeSeer device for that button's address somehow returned a scene that all the lights are members of?

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
            ISY Insteon 1.0.2.11, HomeSeer 2.5.0.0, ISY 2.8.8

Last night I had an issue where a keypadlinc button that normally just controls an appliance module, was turning on/off half the lights in the house with each push of the button. I shut down HomeSeer, and the issue went away. Everything was normal after I restarted HomeSeer.

Tonight I went to turn on a light thru the HomeSeer web interface, and see that there are 3-4 instances of every Insteon Scene & program (But not devices). I installed 1.0.2.13 and restarted HomSeer, but nothing has changed. I also tried "Resysnc with ISY", which also had no affect.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hi Bob - I copied the HS database from a backup, and everything returned to normal. Here's a sample of one scene as it was before it went corrupt, followed by the 3 entries found after it went corrupt. I suspect you're right about the keypad button accidentally referencing a scene that turns on my lights if the security alarm is activated.

Original Database Entry before going corrupt:
              Reference ID 3226
              Status 3 = OFF
              Value 0
              String
              Supports Status True
              Dimmable True
              Interface ISY Insteon
              Misc IO Settings 10032::0
              Misc Settings Show Values, Status Set Notify

Corrupt Database Entries:
              Reference ID 4594
              Status 17 = Unknown
              Value 0
              String
              Supports Status True
              Dimmable True
              Interface ISY Insteon

Reference ID 6626
              Status 17 = Unknown
              Value 0
              String
              Supports Status True
              Dimmable True
              Interface ISY Insteon

Reference ID 3226
              Status 3 = OFF
              Value 0
              String
              Supports Status True
              Dimmable True
              Interface ISY Insteon

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
                Hi Bob - I copied the HS database from a backup, and everything returned to normal. Here's a sample of one scene as it was before it went corrupt, followed by the 3 entries found after it went corrupt. I suspect you're right about the keypad button accidentally referencing a scene that turns on my lights if the security alarm is activated.
                Thanks for the details!

All three entries look correct. I was hoping that the original entry's Misc IO setting or Interface setting was corrupted because that would cause the plug-in to create new entries. But that's not the case.

I've been thinking about this and I think I have some ideas on how to make the code where it checks for an existing matching HomeSeer device more robust. But unless I can figure out why it did this, I won't know if it is really fixed.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I added a new device yesterday, and while I was in the ISY management console, I upgraded the ISY to 2.7.15. On restarting HomeSeer, the ISY plugin showed a series of query failures when it tried to contact the ISY, and my system was dead in the water. Oops.

Since I had a pretty old version of the plugin, I came here and updated to 1.0.2.13. No change; same failure. Now I was really getting worried. I uninstalled 1.0.2.13, and installed 1.0.2.6. Success. Whew.

Looks like something you did subsequent to .6 broke compatibility with ISY 2.7.15.

- Dennis

Comment

Hi Dennis,

Sorry you encountered those problems. I do try to maintain backwards compatibility for the ISY firmware versions and did briefly test 2.7.15 not too long ago. However, UDI does sometimes make changes to the firmware that break compatibility. 1.0.2.13 was built against the 2.8.8 firmware.

I will go back to 2.7.15 and see if I can track down the issue and fix it.

Originally posted by brothers View Post
                    I added a new device yesterday, and while I was in the ISY management console, I upgraded the ISY to 2.7.15. On restarting HomeSeer, the ISY plugin showed a series of query failures when it tried to contact the ISY, and my system was dead in the water. Oops.

Since I had a pretty old version of the plugin, I came here and updated to 1.0.2.13. No change; same failure. Now I was really getting worried. I uninstalled 1.0.2.13, and installed 1.0.2.6. Success. Whew.

Looks like something you did subsequent to .6 broke compatibility with ISY 2.7.15.

- Dennis
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                      Thanks for the details!

All three entries look correct. I was hoping that the original entry's Misc IO setting or Interface setting was corrupted because that would cause the plug-in to create new entries. But that's not the case.

I've been thinking about this and I think I have some ideas on how to make the code where it checks for an existing matching HomeSeer device more robust. But unless I can figure out why it did this, I won't know if it is really fixed.
                      I did 2 things the day before, that might have had an impact. I upgraded the ISY from 2.7.15 to 2.8.4 (with HS running), and while I was in there, I changed the default ISY port from 80, and then updated the ISY Plugin to the same port #.

Comment

1.0.2.13 doesn't seem to work with the new ISY firmware 2.8.10 (RC6). Upgraded my ISY99i and when I restarted homeseer, I get ISY Insteon COMM: ISY configuration query failed. in the log. Checking the Insteon Status, I just get unknown in the ISY and ISY Firmware columns.

Comment

Originally posted by JB NY View Post
                          1.0.2.13 doesn't seem to work with the new ISY firmware 2.8.10 (RC6). Upgraded my ISY99i and when I restarted homeseer, I get ISY Insteon COMM: ISY configuration query failed. in the log. Checking the Insteon Status, I just get unknown in the ISY and ISY Firmware columns.
                          That's very possible. The 2.8.10 firmware adds new commands which changes the XML that gets sent, probably breaking the Microsoft XML parsing code. I'll get an updated version of the plug-in out that works with new firmware within a couple of days.
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I'm working on adding support for firmware 2.8.10 in the plug-in. Turns out that the changes between this version and 2.8.9 are rather large. I'm going to try and get an update out later today (12/27) but it may slip until tomorrow.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Version 1.0.2.14 of the plug-in has been uploaded. This version works with ISY firmware 2.8.10.
                              --
                              Bob Paauwe
                              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Installed 1.0.2.14. Everything looks to be working with firmware 2.8.10 now. Much thanks for the quick update.

Comment

Working...
                                X