• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoneminder XAP and HS XAP

Filler
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Zoneminder Trendnet IP Camera Configuration

Space
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Zoneminder Panasonic IP Camera Configuration

Space
        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

SPACE

Updated to include Ubuntu 11.04 32Bit. Here's a couple of pictures of the Shuttle D510 configured with Webmin and ZM 1.24.2 running with the HS Foscam. Using ZM is just another way to be able to save both videos/stills with Homeseer. The ZM server utilizes XAP to communicate with Homeseer. Events can be created both on the ZM to HS or the HS to ZM sides. Once tweaked to your liking; ZM just keeps ticking.

Its been a few years since I have utilized ZM with the X-10 CM11a; will document said configuration so that it too can be utilized.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pete; June 28, 2011, 10:03 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Webminstats for Zoneminder

A ZM / HS user; nighcrawler (Alco) has suggested the use of Webminstats for ZM. Its a nice graphing utility program which can be installed as a Webmin Module.

You get some very nice graphical historical statistics with it. I installed it this morning on my Zoneminder / Ubuntu server.

The FAQ is located here:

http://webminstats.sourceforge.net/faq.html#config0

1 - Manual install of Webminstats plugin.

First you have to install some extra PERL5 library’s (RRDS.pm) and the graphic analyzing tool RRDTOOL.

apt-get install rrdtool
            apt-get install librrds-perl

to check if RRDS works execute this:

perl -MRRDs -le 'print q(ok this works!)'

if it works you get "ok this works!" back.
            if the tool fails to install search for "rrd" webstats in google. failure depends on the linux package (centos,ubuntu) and 9 out of 10 issue's are out-of-date PERL versions.

step 2: install webminstats

The easy way to do it is just go to your webmin admin site (https:/your-ip-here:10000/webmin/edit_mods.cgi)

Go to menu: WEBMIN > WEBMIN COnfiguration > webmin modules)
            select the "third party module from" option and search for webmin

( current version:
            http://downloads.sourceforge.net/webminstats/sysstats-2.1.tgz)
            set grant access to "Grant access to all Webmin users"
            and install module!

step 3: set cron jobs.
            after install go to webmin menu: SYSTEM > Historic System Statistics.
            You probably get some warnings that some modules can't get data. that’s OK. Now scroll down and press "start webminstats" button now the system fires up the scheduler (cron) to check your system every few minutes).

step 4: reboot your system.
            (putty, sudo reboot command, or WEBMIN>SYSTEM>BOOT&Poweroff menu) your ready to go !

Attached Files
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Reading this today brought down my CPU utilization to 17% from 85%. The most substantial change was reducing the FPS from 30 to 5 leaving the alarms at 30.

http://securitywebsite.phpdeveloperz...pages&Itemid=2
              Attached Files
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Another first from Homeseer user Nightcrawler (Alco)!!

Nighcrawler (Alco) has tweaked the Daily alarm events video script.

Very impressive Alco.

I'm reprinting your FAQ about the Daily alarm events video script and attaching the script to this post.

Thank you giving me permission.

The problem with the duplicated video entries is solved. It was an problem within the first line of the script. the list and GREP command was looking for alphanumeric names. but the camera's has numeric directories. So I made some changes.
                1) The $cameraname is found by looking in the events directory to directories with an alphacharacter name (like "door", garden etc).
                2) the $cameralist is found by looking to nummeric names (like 1,2,3 etc)
                3) Alter the FIND command to go to the nummeric directory from an camera and search from that point to events within the past 24 hours.
                4) The sorting of events is now local time zone and region specific. It auto change to the right zone of your site.
                But there is more good news, I also made some improvements in the mencoder options it's a bit faster now.
                and I made nice feature for the Archive directory. The files are storaged in an "year" directory and "month" directory beneath that.
                It will auto expand and make new dirs every year and month!
                Example:

Code:
                cd
                --2011 (year)
                  |----1 (month)
                          --1_Door.avi
                          --2_Door.avi

And the last change is the fact that the temp directory (/tmp/alarmvideos) is checkt and created.
                If script doesn't work for you then Alco's suggestions are:

•look at the zoneminder USE_DEEP_STORAGE option is it set to "ON"? if not set it ON and restart ZM.
                •Go to your event directory and check if your events have an name like my examples (/var/www/zm/events/Oprit/11/09/26/05/12/30/001-capture.jpg)
                •Disable the second SORT line (LC ALL=C ....) and the cleanup line: rm -rf /tmp/alarmvideos/*.list check if it fixed your sorting. you can open the camername.list file at /tmp/alarmvideos directory with an text viewer.
                •If it's not fixed, remove the LC ALL=C command from the script
                •Still not working yet? post and example or upload an .LIST file and your edited script so I can take an look at it.
                http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/vie...p=73091#p73091

Personally here I've been watching the videos from the NMTs, MCE box and just still playing a bit with VLC running on a Windows HSTouch client. You can easily though run VLC in the backround now to play back videos on your HSTouch screens. So ideally something like a video security screen with tabs or buttons to play back last 24 hours of video can be done up.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Pete; December 15, 2011, 12:46 AM.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Alco,

I updated script to your new version. Works great!

Before Updating decided to do the standard Ubuntu patches and upgrades.

Interesting what happened and I still cannot figure out. The Ubuntu upgrades removed my ZM stuff with no direct input from me; first time I've seen this.

Note that I did the upgrade on a lark and it has nothing to do with your script; which BTW is functioning as you specified.

I reapplied the ZM package and it saw all of the old data and configuration and I was back up in 15 minutes.

Are you using some sort of cron backup configuration for base ZM installation?
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Alco,

Looking to do something where the security videos go to an NMT or NAS with some sort of cron job.

I've been doing a kind of manual thing lately.

Are you doing anything similiar?
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Zoneminder Memory.pm bug in 1.24.4

Homeseer forum user Wollo found a bug and related patch to ZM 1.24.4

Thank-you Wollo!

If you have Zoneminder installed and you're seeing this in /var/log/syslog:
                      Nov 6 14:36:11 machine zmwatch[2741]: ERR [Shared data size conflict in shared_data for monitor monitor, expected 328, got 316]
                      It's probably because of a bug that's been patched. On my distribution (Ubuntu 11.10) the file Memory.pm is at
                      /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Memory.pm
                      and the patch in question was applied at line 130.
                      http://jared-oberhaus-tech-notes.blo...g-in-1244.html

http://www.freshports.org/multimedia...r_Memory.pm.in

Edit line 130 of
                      /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Memory.pm
                      and replaced the bad line : "our $arch = int(3.2*length(~0));"
                      with the good line: "our $arch = 32;"
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

I have to say, as simple as you made this, it's the FIRST time I was able to get ZoneMinder Installed!

Right now, I made a Single VirtualBox, Dual Core, 1GB of ram, 8GB of Hard drive space. I tend to NOT give a LOT of HD space, since I just "network" from the client to the server.

Everything is setup and ready to go. I am now to the point, I just have to hook in my IP camera and see if it works. If it does, I'll them spend the extra time installing ZmodoPipe so I can link in my DVR. -- AWESOME!

I tried 2x on my own, never worked. You saved me so much time!

Thank you so much!

--Dan
                        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Pete,

How do you embed the video? Is it actually IN a HSTouch screen? Or just over top of it?

" You can easily though run VLC in the backround now to play back videos on your HSTouch screens."

That was from 5 posts up.

--Dan
                          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Dan,

For the IP camera you are just really copying the pieces as if you linked to the IP camera via IE or FF only the pieces are separated by IP on one line and rest of the link (CGI or whatever) on the second line. Once configured you'll see the video right away. You can tell the speed of the capture by the FPS you see in the video view mode. Mostly with the IP cams I see up to maybe 20 FPS but typically around 10-15 FPS; contrasting the 30FPS I can get with the analogue connection. The whole multimedia video thing really is CPU intensive. Initially the older Tversity server could not really handle video streaming even with redoing the compression on the video until I went to a core duo on the multimedia machine. In turn then you have the Zoneminder box doing the work of capturing a frame by frame video; changing it somewhat to whatever type of compression you want. The work is a bit heavy. It's also kind of recording the video for events such that you can do a rewind and save of a video event; kind of Tivo like. Multiple this by how many streams by resolution by memory by color or grey and it becomes very CPU intensive.

Relating to HSTouch "embedded" video....

Right now in "play" mode its a VLC screen to the right of a shrunken down and to the left HSTouchscreen. Hitting the main menu button just kills the VLC session and takes you to another screen. Very primitive but its regular video (29FPS or so). So its really not embedded per say.

BTW My wife likes the aquarium MCE media center screensaver more than the pictures screensaver and that has been a great WAF thing now relating to just the HSTouch displays. The screensaver itself is also very high in CPU utilization; so benchmarking the HSTouch screens with it.
                            Last edited by Pete; January 5, 2012, 02:49 PM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Zoneminder X-10 Control

In all the years I have been using Zoneminder I have never connected the box to an X10 CM11. That said decided to integrate X10 along with the ZM xAP running on the box. This is a learning experience so I am documenting the endeavor as I learn about it.

I installed the X10 control with the following commands via a SSH session.

Code:

######################
                              #Install Perl Modules#
                              ######################
                              perl -MCPAN -e shell
                              install CPAN
                              exit
                              perl -MCPAN -e shell
                              install YAML PHP::Serialization Module::Load X10::ActiveHome
                              install Sys::Mmap
                              exit
                              I looked on the Options tab / x10 tab and see the configuration there for X-10.

Next I went to connect the CM11 to the serial port and found none in the back of the ZM box. I shut down ZM and noticed that I do have the serial pin outs for the RS-232 on the motherboard. I did find a 9 pin serial to motherboard ribbon cable. It was too short and I did want to make a bracket for it. I decided instead to utilize a USB to Serial device.

The USB to serial device is the only USB device connected to the ZM box. "lsusb" looks like this:

Bus 007 Device 002: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port
                              Device Descriptor:
                              bLength 18
                              bDescriptorType 1
                              bcdUSB 1.10
                              bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
                              bDeviceSubClass 0
                              bDeviceProtocol 0
                              bMaxPacketSize0 8
                              idVendor 0x067b Prolific Technology, Inc.
                              idProduct 0x2303 PL2303 Serial Port
                              bcdDevice 2.00
                              iManufacturer 0
                              iProduct 0
                              iSerial 0
                              bNumConfigurations 1
                              Configuration Descriptor:
                              bLength 9
                              bDescriptorType 2
                              wTotalLength 39
                              bNumInterfaces 1
                              bConfigurationValue 1
                              iConfiguration 0
                              bmAttributes 0xa0
                              (Bus Powered)
                              Remote Wakeup
                              MaxPower 100mA
                              Interface Descriptor:
                              bLength 9
                              bDescriptorType 4
                              bInterfaceNumber 0
                              bAlternateSetting 0
                              bNumEndpoints 3
                              bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
                              bInterfaceSubClass 0
                              bInterfaceProtocol 0
                              iInterface 0
                              Endpoint Descriptor:
                              bLength 7
                              bDescriptorType 5
                              bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
                              bmAttributes 3
                              Transfer Type Interrupt
                              Synch Type None
                              Usage Type Data
                              wMaxPacketSize 0x000a 1x 10 bytes
                              bInterval 1
                              Endpoint Descriptor:
                              bLength 7
                              bDescriptorType 5
                              bEndpointAddress 0x02 EP 2 OUT
                              bmAttributes 2
                              Transfer Type Bulk
                              Synch Type None
                              Usage Type Data
                              wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 1x 64 bytes
                              bInterval 0
                              Endpoint Descriptor:
                              bLength 7
                              bDescriptorType 5
                              bEndpointAddress 0x83 EP 3 IN
                              bmAttributes 2
                              Transfer Type Bulk
                              Synch Type None
                              Usage Type Data
                              wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 1x 64 bytes
                              bInterval 0
                              Device Status: 0x0000
                              (Bus Powered)
                              This are the steps to configure X10. (after configuring the above).

1 -
                              adduser www-data dialout
                              2 - Now on the main tab theres a X10 option at the bottom. Normally selecting this will turn on the X10 related stuff but it never stays on after you hit apply. (we will get to this in a second). Go to the X10 tab and set up the options you want. SEE:

http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index...ntation#X10_Ta

Now to fix the issues with the X10 check box you need to manually enable that check box in mysql. This is the sql query NOTE: you need to chage id=<num> to what ever monitor id you system uses.

mysql -p -u root
                              USE zm;
                              UPDATE Monitors SET triggers = 'X10' WHERE id = 1;
                              UPDATE Monitors SET triggers = 'X10' WHERE id = 2;
                              UPDATE Monitors SET triggers = 'X10' WHERE id = 3;
                              UPDATE Monitors SET triggers = 'X10' WHERE id = 4;
                              exit
                              There is an issue here though that if you make a change to the monitor and save it; it will delete the X10 checkbox and you will need to configure it in SQL again.
                              It is rare that I ever touch the configuration of the monitor once it is set up though.

Test your setup by SSHing to ZM box and typing:

zmx10.pl -u 1 -c on
                              This turns on Unit number 1 of whatever house code you have defined.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Pete; December 6, 2012, 10:29 AM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I decided to try a USB to serial to CM11 instead of connecting to the serial port.

Wierd but the serial port on the motherboard is in front where as I would need a 12" cable.

Works and will document it here. Using X-10 will allow me to set up alarm recorded event on both Homeseer and the HAI OPII panel (or the Elk Panel)

Here are the first four ZM cameras configured in Homeseer.

I reconfigured the first four cameras such that they utilize the external triggers only and disabled the video motion analysis. I then put in some HAI events such that the hardware outdoor sensors trigger the ZM recording on the HAI OPII panel.

Using the external triggers works nice as I can control the time of the recording (its still doing a rewind and save) and I can get very granular with the alarms. Historically I was using xAP to see the alarms and action on them. I could not though trigger alarms via xAP (tested external to HS xAP broadcasting and it wouldn't work; but it may have been my configuration).
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Pete; December 6, 2012, 10:34 AM.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X