Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-10 Wall Switch WS467 mod for use with LED bulbs [Not plugin related, but good info]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although described in your post, could you please send me your photos?

Slightly off-topic, what are folks here doing to integrate/interface the HomeTroller Zee S2 to allow control of X10 switches? Any help greatly appreciated!

Comment

No photos

Originally posted by nychawk View Post
      Although described in your post, could you please send me your photos?

Slightly off-topic, what are folks here doing to integrate/interface the HomeTroller Zee S2 to allow control of X10 switches? Any help greatly appreciated!
      Since the response was pretty low, I never did take any photos. It is possible that some of the other did make photos of their handiwork. I don't think that I will be doing any more of these mods in the future. I am slowly replacing the x-10 wall switches with Z-wave switches. I am using the Zooz switches because of their relatively low price.

Comment

Can you provide insight into how you integrated X10 with your homeseer?
        I've got far too many x10 switches to replace at the moment.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by nychawk View Post
          Can you provide insight into how you integrated X10 with your homeseer?
          I've got far too many x10 switches to replace at the moment.

Thank you
          My installation is pretty vanilla. I use the windows version of Homeseer 3. The interface to x-10 is a x10 cm11a controller. This is the older serial version. There is a newer USB version which is the CM15A. Looking at the homeseer website, this device looks like it is supported by Homeseer. Someone else should verify this since I don't have one here to test. I do use the W800 device for my wireless x10 devices. I found that the x10 transceivers did not work very well for me. What system are you using? (Window, Linux).
          Home this helps.

Comment

There are a few choices for X10 interfaces: CM11a, Ti-103, CM15a, XTB-232 and a couple of others. I personally use the Ti-103 and it has served me very well for many years. I would not recommend the CM15a as there are issues with the plugin and it does not support the X10 preset-dim and extended commands. If I were in the market for another interface I'd purchase a Ti-103 or a XTB-232.

In case you are not aware, most of these interfaces are no longer manufactured and the companies that made them are no longer in existence, specifically the CM11a and the Ti103. The XTB devices however, are still manufactured and the gentleman who makes them is still in business.

If you are interested in picking up a Ti103, I know that Kbevo has a couple he might part with.
            Last edited by mfisher; March 18, 2017, 09:29 AM.
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
              In case you are not aware, most of these interfaces are no longer manufactured and the companies that made them are no longer in existence, specifically the CM11a, CM15a and the Ti103.
              As an FYI, the CM15a is still being made and sold by X10 (https://www.x10.com/x10-home-automat...5a-module.html and https://www.thehomeautomationstore.c...5a-module.html). X-10 is still in business (with new owners).

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks Al, I totally forgot that X10 had been resurrected and are selling the CM15a. Post corrected.
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

So I have the x10 467 switches and would like to do LED's without having to retrofit everything. I don't have neutral wires at my wall switches so retrofitting to switches that use them is not an option. If I put one LED and one Halogen in a multibulb circuit then I can dim to off. So I have read about the problems with triac dimmers and there need to be powered by leakage current which worked on Incandescent s and Halogen Bulbs. It seems the only way I can go to LED's on everything is to provide a return at the light socket or the wiring next to it by adding a resistor to provide enough power to the X10 dimmers. Has anybody used this method and what value resistor did they use to do it? I saw one company selling a 10k resistor for about 19 bucks and another person mentioning a 220k quarter watt to solve the problem. Is there any company that provides a load in bulb adapter to solve this problem. Also read some stuff about Cirrus Logic having a Led chip that solves the dimming to zero problem but apparently nobody makes a Led Bulb that uses it.

Comment

Please post the modifications for the WS467 switch to operate LED bulbs. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Jimbell, could you send me the link with pictures to modify my WS467 switch to work with LED's please.

Comment

Working...
                      X