Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating an event or virtual Device to show when HVAC is running

Hi,

I would like to create an event or a virtual device that shows when my HVAC is running that is controlled by BLStat. If I am away from home an I remotely login to HS3 I would like to show an icon that indicates my HVAC is running. Anyone have an idea how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
    Hi,

I would like to create an event or a virtual device that shows when my HVAC is running that is controlled by BLStat. If I am away from home an I remotely login to HS3 I would like to show an icon that indicates my HVAC is running. Anyone have an idea how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie
    I use the operating state of my thermostats. Does your thermostat report operating state?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

No it doesn't report operating state. I am using 2gig CT-30.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie

There are lots of ways to know if your HVAC is running. The easiest is to look at the temperature of your house. But a z-wave thermostat is probably the best way to go. They typically provide temperature, status, and fan state to HS3. You can also control your HVAC system remotely.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

No it doesn't report operating state. I am using 2gig CT-30.
          I'm using CT-30's as well. There's a couple of things you could do:

- The CT30 will report operating state if polled, so poll the operating child device regularly. If the CT30 is not battery powered. then you can poll them relatively frequently with no impact. I have battery powered thermostats, so don't use regular polling.
          - use a power sensor on the 120V cable to your HVAC. I use an Aeotec Home Energy Monitor to monitor my two furnaces. The wattage used will indicate the operating state of the furnace. I also trigger events based on the wattage that will poll the operating states of the thermostats. Polling based on that is much less frequent so doesn't impact battery life as much.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

My CT100s require polling as well, we use scheduled polling as well as event driven polling based upon the change in state of the zone valves. This helps me run events that check the health of the system by making sure the state of the valves follow the change in demand by the thermostats.

We also monitor the power used by the boiler.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
            X