Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request - Disable Gateway & Devices via Script

Hi,

When a Modbus devices gets disconnected for some reason (e.g. power down) the plug-in will continue to attempt to read from that device which results in lot of errors and other Modbus devices become slow to respond. I would like to be able to Disable / Enable:
    - complete gateways
    - all Modbus devices with the same Modbus address (or individual devices if that is easier to implement)

I looked to see if there is a CAPI command but could not see one.

Alternative it would be good to have a feature that disables a Modbus device after too many errors (or reduces the polling) so that it does not block other devices.

Kind regards,
    Jan

I'll add this in the next releaseq

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Hi beerygaz,

When do you expect the next release to be available?

Thx,
      Jan

Comment

I expect a new release before the end of April. I have a little time this month to work on the plugin, add your request and fix a few bugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
          I expect a new release before the end of April. I have a little time this month to work on the plugin, add your request and fix a few bugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Hi Beerygaz,

Do you also take into account my reported issues, see

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...87&postcount=1

---
          John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
            Hi Beerygaz,

Do you also take into account my reported issues, see

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...87&postcount=1

---
            John
            Especially the following will be helpful:

1) option for a device that the device string will not be displayed, see https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...12&postcount=1 added 10 December 2016

---
            John

Comment

CAPI pls

Hi Beerygaz,

Also would like to second John regarding the need for a CAPI handler so I can write a value to a Modbus address via a script. Thx.

Kind regards,
              Jan

Comment

Hi Beerygaz,

End of April is over. Does this mean that we have to wait till you have a new time slot available to update the PI or did you make sufficient progress so that you can combine the required activities with your other work?

Looking forward for a new version as the current release does not work out for me. Still running an older release.

---
                John

Comment

There will be an update available by the end of the week. I need john to do some testing for me to confirm the new implementation of device strings.

Comment

There will be an update available by the end of the week. I need john to do some testing for me to confirm the new implementation of device strings.

I wil test this later today

--
                    John

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Guys, would the universal CAPI commands On/Off to enable/disable a gateway suffice?

Comment

Guys, would the universal CAPI commands On/Off to enable/disable a gateway suffice?

For me it will.

---
                        John

Comment

Working...
                        X