This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing all devices after power fail

Using HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 and the Insteon Hub as my controller. Whenever I restart the HomeTroller (i.e. power outage, etc) I lose ALL Insteon devices. I have even backed up the database prior to starting up and restoring it. The only devices that show are the global Insteon ON and OFF.

The issue seems to be similar to my desktop version when I restart it does not recognize the Insteon controller so I have to disable/re-enable it. Then it asks for the IP:Port, username and password.

I have NO devices registered directly with the Hub as that was causing some strange behavior so I just use HomeSeer to add them in. They add in OK, but this is getting old adding them back in every time we have a power glitch.

Do I need to go to a different controller? Back to the desktop or trash all my Insteon?

My Z-Wave devices seem to stay in tact.

Current Date/Time: 8/29/2017 3:14:56 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.318
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 16 Minutes 41 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.x.xx
    Number of Devices: 39
    Number of Events: 16
    Available Threads: 392

Enabled Plug-Ins
    1.1.11.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.6.0: Insteon
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Hub rev 1.0-4014

the plugin saves the config to the config\insteon.ini file

please check to see if this file is getting wiped out during restarts
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Insteon.ini is wiped

It does appear that the Insteon.ini file does get wiped on restart or when I stop and re-enable the plugin. Any ideas on what to do?

I looked at my windows version of homeseer and do see the Insteon.ini file there and it's definitely got the links - but the hometrollerzee seems to erase it. They are both at the same version of your plugin.

Current Date/Time: 8/29/2017 6:01:22 PM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
      System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 7 Minutes 8 Seconds
      IP Address: 192.168.x.y
      Number of Devices: 103
      Number of Events: 14
      Available Threads: 800

Enabled Plug-Ins
      3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server
      3.0.6.0: Insteon

Comment

There has been an ongoing problem with how HS3 manages ini files. My plugin uses the hs3 ini calls; the plugin doesn't manage the ini directly. Some versions of HS3 do not close ini files correctly when hs3 shutdown; I don't know which versions however.

can you update hs3 on the Zee?

you can copy the insteon.ini and homeseer.hsd files (from the desktop) to the Zee and get the same config.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Unfortunately I don't see a newer version of HS3 for the zee. I was hoping to move to the zee from my desktop to save power and get the integrated ZWave but may end up sticking with the desktop. I will try copying from the desktop to the zee. Hopefully they will figure out and fix the ini problems. This is a huge problem and I know if you are using their API nothing that you can do about it Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            ... Some versions of HS3 do not close ini files correctly when hs3 shutdown; I don't know which versions however ..
            FYI, after a power outage a few days ago, upon restart, I found an empty .INI: HS3 version 3.0.0.318 (Windows).

Comment

I know this has been an ongoing issue, but did you notice this happening more frequently since you upgraded to 3.0.0.318
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Quick answer: no.

What happened during that power outage is that I cancelled my UPS' warning that it was time for it to perform an orderly shutdown, the UPS eventually ran out and the PC went dead.

Curiously, the insteon.ini after the crash had the correct size (18KB in my case), but was apparently all spaces. HS3 also reverted to the default HomeSeerData.hsd instead of my custom DB.

Comment

Originally posted by bradolive View Post
                  Unfortunately I don't see a newer version of HS3 for the zee. I was hoping to move to the zee from my desktop to save power and get the integrated ZWave but may end up sticking with the desktop. I will try copying from the desktop to the zee. Hopefully they will figure out and fix the ini problems. This is a huge problem and I know if you are using their API nothing that you can do about it Mark.
                  please investigate the option of disabling "write cache" on the drive storing hs3.

I can't provide any insight on a Zee.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I have posted v.3.0.6.17 to the Beta section of the Updater. I added my own ini file management routines. I hope this will help resolve the issue of losing the insteon config.

please backup your current insteon.ini and homeseer.hsb files before updating.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

please try the latest beta 3.0.6.18
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

HS Zee S2 without insteon.ini

Same issue for me, after an update to 3.0.0.368. No more insteon's devices into the ini file.
                        Could you show me how to copy the insteon.ini (from backup config file) into de HS ZEE S2?

Also, I'cant restore the backup config file I have made juste before the update.

Regards,

Alain

Comment

you need to restore the data\homeseer.hsd and config/insteon.ini files

i don't know how to restore these files on the Zee? can you ftp to the Zee

please visit the zee s2 forum for restoring files
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X