Pre-Purchase question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomadoggy View Post
    Thanks again to all, I am certain that this thread will be valuable to others as well. As title of post states I have purchased this plugin, but expected to see the ability to set up groups within EasyTrigger, but do not. May I ask for guidance on how to do my lights grouping as shown in the event above?

Thank You,
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Edit \HomeSeer HS3\html\css\Custom.css and add these three lines:
      Code:
      /* selector pop-up layout */

.selectorleft {min-width:200px; width:auto;}

.selectorright {min-width:200px; width:auto;}
      This will make the window widths dynamic based on the content. The bonus is that this affects the selector box used within all HomeSeer functions, not just the Easy Trigger plug-in. Rich told Spud he is going to add this to hs.css in a future release. Custom.css is used to override any functions within hs.css.
      Plugin's:

Comment

By the way, the EasyTrigger "group" does not show in my list of IF choices
        It was added in beta 3.0.0.39 a few days ago - in the beta section.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          Sorry Randy....what’s the secret....I’ve used Notepad and Notepad++ to make the changes you suggested. I tried just typing them in, copy and pasting along with restarting HS3...nothing works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Web pages are cached - you will need to clear your browser's cache to get the changes to show. Shift+refresh works on Chrome and I.E.

Comment

Hi Tomadoggy, did you ever get this working? I'm interested to see your HSTouch pages, the floor plan, and how you have the graphics working together.

Thanks!

Comment

Still working on it

I had some issues with the EasyTrigger plugin trying to get the rooms set up. So don't yet have it working. However do have the most of the "glow graphics" placed and a few of the virtual devices created that will trigger the background glow. Here is a sample of the screen, and a few others I am working on.

Setting up flashing graphics for open doors/windows and unlocked doors etc.
              Attached Files

Comment

That's great, thank you!

I don't know why it didn't dawn on me earlier, but I was trying to accomplish the same effect by having each room also be a button, but kept running into transparency and button overlap problems because I was trying to do a 3D view...but a top down view works too!

Comment

Tried that

Yes...I also originally had an angled 3D view but for one those graphics took up too much screen real estate, and as you also found, make it hard to accomplish the indicator that a light is on in that room...thus I went flat.

FYI I have also made the "glow" graphics act as a button that launches each room lighting screen so that I can see if something is on, then touch the glow, which takes me to that room lighting control page where I can choose to turn off or alter the lighting there.

For the glow graphics I used a simple colored block in paint.net, blurred the yellow block, then set transparency to about 160 or so. Then this graphic is stretched and sized in HSTouch for each area. Hope this helps.

Comment

Close but...

Thanks for all the help so far...think I am nearly there. I have my lights in a group, can see the EasyTrigger event for any device in group, have a virtual device linked to the easy trigger, this device controlling glow graphic in HSTouch.

However the event only turns the glow on, when all the lights in the group are off, virtual device does not toggle back to off. Do I need another event to toggle the virtual device back to off? Or can I add additional statements in the event to handle this (preferable)

Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the help so far...think I am nearly there. I have my lights in a group, can see the EasyTrigger event for any device in group, have a virtual device linked to the easy trigger, this device controlling glow graphic in HSTouch.

However the event only turns the glow on, when all the lights in the group are off, virtual device does not toggle back to off. Do I need another event to toggle the virtual device back to off? Or can I add additional statements in the event to handle this (preferable)

Thanks
                      Did you create the second event to turn the virtual device off like I posted in #9 above?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	1192633

Comment

Thanks
                        Plugin's:

Comment

On but no off

I did do the off event, however the virtual device only toggles to on, but when I turn off all the lights in the group the virtual device stays on, does not go to off.
                          Attached Files

Comment

oops

My bad...had a root device in the group, working now. For me when setting up the groups I cannot see my (long) titles of the devices which makes it a bit of a shot in the dark when choosing devices to put into the group.

Any ideas on how to make this selection list wider than what is showing now? And no, I cannot resize via dragging the edge of the selection list.

Thanks to all for the wonderful assistance!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

My bad...had a root device in the group, working now. For me when setting up the groups I cannot see my (long) titles of the devices which makes it a bit of a shot in the dark when choosing devices to put into the group.

Any ideas on how to make this selection list wider than what is showing now? And no, I cannot resize via dragging the edge of the selection list.

Thanks to all for the wonderful assistance!!
                              see post #13 in this thread
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...5&postcount=13

then force a full refresh of the page in your browser (shift + F5)

Comment

Thanks Spud!

Perfect!!! this helps immensely, looks like a great idea to add to the next HS3 update

Comment

Working...
                                X