Status on my Arduino devices and plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status on my Arduino devices and plugin

For the last few months, I have been using 9 different Arduinos (actually ESP8266 nodeMCUs) in a variety of configurations. I only use the API sketch version. I consider them all 'production' in that if they don't do their job, it will be noticed and must be corrected. All in all, they have been pretty solid. In wifi down situations, they recover just fine. Power outages, they recover. Marginal wifi, not so good. The nodeMCUs just don't have that much oomph in the wifi dept. I have two in different remote buildings at some distance and they are disconnected more than they are connected.

Sensors have been performing fine. Never have to reboot a node as last ditch effort to resolve a problem.

Plugin is solid in normal use. Config is a bit unpredictable but manageable if you watch it closely.

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
    For the last few months, I have been using 9 different Arduinos (actually ESP8266 nodeMCUs) in a variety of configurations. I only use the API sketch version. I consider them all 'production' in that if they don't do their job, it will be noticed and must be corrected. All in all, they have been pretty solid. In wifi down situations, they recover just fine. Power outages, they recover. Marginal wifi, not so good. The nodeMCUs just don't have that much oomph in the wifi dept. I have two in different remote buildings at some distance and they are disconnected more than they are connected.

Sensors have been performing fine. Never have to reboot a node as last ditch effort to resolve a problem.

Plugin is solid in normal use. Config is a bit unpredictable but manageable if you watch it closely.
    Hi logbuilder, the ones I purchased thru a. Amazon are solid and stable, the Two others bought at eBay China do not have a good wifi. I will post the models soon. The only thing I noticed is that if they lose connection, I need to connect them manually.

Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X