www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Camera Plug-ins > Camera Discussion > HomeSeer NetCam Plug-in

HomeSeer NetCam Plug-in The NetCam plugin provides access to network based cameras.

Old October 31st, 2007, 03:56 PM
Seer Plus

Error Netcam

Just trying to setup netcam. After config the camera (http://nameassword@ip_of_my_cameraortnumber) and taking a picture I get the following error:

31-10-2007 20:47:26 - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/netcam/PZT.jpg
31-10-2007 20:47:27 - NetCAM - MakeThumbNail experienced error Ongeldige parameter.
31-10-2007 20:47:28 - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/netcam/PZT.jpg
31-10-2007 20:49:56 - NetCAM - MakeThumbNail experienced error Ongeldige parameter.

Who can help me ?

Wil
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Dirk

No Images?

Greetings,

I am also experiencing some issues... I can take a manual snapshot from the view page, however, any event I create to take timed" images are producing the following error in my logs:

11/7/2007 1:16:31 PM NetCAM Error in GetPortFromURL: Index and count must refer to a location within the string.Parameter name: count

11/7/2007 1:16:31 PM NetCAM MakeThumbNail experienced error Parameter is not valid.11/7/2007 1:16:32 PM NetCAM Error in GetPortFromURL: Index and count must refer to a location within the string.Parameter name: count

11/7/2007 1:16:32 PM NetCAM MakeThumbNail experienced error Parameter is not valid.

And nothing is added to my gallery. I have tried removing and re-adding the camera, shortening it's name, all kinds of stuff that might cause a buffer overflow or string issues and I cannot find anything amiss. Help?

-Dirk
Old November 9th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Seer Deluxe

I have seen this error right after I installed netcam the first time and again when I rebuilt my HS server last week. I never did figure out what I did to get it to work, but it is working now. Wish I could be of more help, but I wanted to affirm that this plug-in is still a little buggy.
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Dirk

Yea...me too...

I also hope they are able to get the bugs worked out. I paid for the WebCam module a few years back - I can't remember why - but it won't work for me. This (NetCam) is a simplistic approach and the ability to access remote cameras (network cameras) is a definite bonus. Two options I would love to see is [1] To have the ability to email the image immediately... I have a 3rd party application installed that currently makes this situation "work" but having something built into HS would be a better method as the less applications one has to rely on ... and [2] To have the "current image" page have an adjustable, simple "page refresh" so that every (x) seconds you are shown a refreshed image.

The way it works now:

Motion sensors send x10 code (motion sensed)

Event checks to see if alarm system is armed, if yes application is run that captures current image - then an event is run that sends out the image as an attachment to an email.

--

Of course, being able to do this within HS would cut down on the amount of time needed to process such an event. Thus, my interest in Netcam. Very uncomplicated - but does a very important job (for me!). Anyone coming through my gate sends an instant image to my Internet-enabled cell phone via MMS/SMS - I have a picture of the "intruder" in seconds. *THAT* is automation and peace of mind at its best. I love my HS and would be lost without it. Now if those darned ZWave modules would just come down a bit...

UPDATE: I had originally opened a help desk ticket when this issue first appeared - I just received a response from RJH that a new version is available (1.0.2.4) from the updater and this should correct the issue. I updated and indeed, the error is now gone and the program seems to work great! KUDOS to Rich and the development team for the quick fix!

-Dirk

Last edited by Dirk; November 12th, 2007 at 03:46 PM. Reason: never get my thoughts right the first time...
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:36 AM
OverSeer

Did you guys put in help desk tickets on this issue?
Old November 12th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Dirk

Rupp,

I updated the original post above - yes, a ticket was placed and a fix has been completed. Thanks for the response!
Old November 15th, 2007, 02:40 PM
OverSeer

I was also seeing this error, but with a Panasonic camera. Unfortunately I already had the latest version, but Rich was able to determine that it was my URL that was the problem. When the camera displays a snapshot it has a URL like this:
http:// {address} /CgiSnapShot?Resolution=640x480&Quality=Precision&Language=0,
but the 'Cgi' immediately after the address is what was creating the error in my case. By simply removing those three letters my Panasonic cameras all seem to be working now.

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10:
Compose, XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Old February 29th, 2008, 10:02 AM
prkl007

Same error here with Axis 206M camera:

NetCAM: MakeThumbNail experienced error Parameter is not valid.
Error: Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/netcam/Axis.jpg

Any ideas? Anyone?