X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Dafunktyfunk - got the links working now.

I really like the plug in so far. I have two Trane thermostats and everything seems to running smoothly.

A couple of comments and suggestions:
    -It has been been mentioned already but I too would like it if under operating it showed whether or not the unit was running (idle when the fan is off and heating/cooling when it's running.

-When I select either Auto or Aux mode in BLStat, the text box to input the set point goes away. For Auto, can it have both a heat and cool SP box to update both? Also, not sure what the Aux mode is intended for but it doesn't seem to change anything on my trane thermostat. Can it be used to but the stat into EHeat mode? If not, can an option be added for EHeat?

-In Schedule, can there be an option for duplicating or copying a day to other days? Also, with multiple thermostats, it might be helpful to be able to duplicate a day or an entire week from one thermostat's schedule to another.

-It might be useful to be able to save a schedule and then load a different one. For example, I could setup a normal schedule profile that I use most of the time and then create and load in a "guest" schedule or a "vacation" schedule with different times and set points. Then I could switch back and forth between schedules without having to re-enter everything.

-Building on the idea of multiple schedule profiles, it would be neat to be able to assign date specific information to them. For example, if I know in advance that I'm going to be away on 1/11, 1/14-15, 1/18-1/22, I could have the "vacation" profile automatically run on those dates without having to remember to change it back and forth each time.

Thanks again for the hard work!

Comment

Originally posted by travis010 View Post
      Thanks Dafunktyfunk - got the links working now.
      No Problem. Glad I could help!

A couple of comments and suggestions:
      -It has been been mentioned already but I too would like it if under operating it showed whether or not the unit was running (idle when the fan is off and heating/cooling when it's running.
      This is a known bug that Bob is working on with Rich.

-When I select either Auto or Aux mode in BLStat, the text box to input the set point goes away. For Auto, can it have both a heat and cool SP box to update both? Also, not sure what the Aux mode is intended for but it doesn't seem to change anything on my trane thermostat. Can it be used to but the stat into EHeat mode? If not, can an option be added for EHeat?
      You must be in Forced gas heating areas, like me. Those settings are for oil or electric heat where you will need to kick in auxillary to help it along or during emergencies.

-In Schedule, can there be an option for duplicating or copying a day to other days? Also, with multiple thermostats, it might be helpful to be able to duplicate a day or an entire week from one thermostat's schedule to another.
      This would be very nice to be able to have different schedules....

-It might be useful to be able to save a schedule and then load a different one. For example, I could setup a normal schedule profile that I use most of the time and then create and load in a "guest" schedule or a "vacation" schedule with different times and set points. Then I could switch back and forth between schedules without having to re-enter everything.
      Blade, I second this! That would be very cool! I guess you can do this with a script to over ride your schedule...

-Building on the idea of multiple schedule profiles, it would be neat to be able to assign date specific information to them. For example, if I know in advance that I'm going to be away on 1/11, 1/14-15, 1/18-1/22, I could have the "vacation" profile automatically run on those dates without having to remember to change it back and forth each time.
      Same with this one.
      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Nice ideas.
        They are on my list
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I'm having trouble triggering hold/run mode through an event. I select the option when creating the event but when I run the event, there is no change in status in BLStat.

What I'm trying to do is create a home/away event. I want the thermostats to run off the BLStat schedule but when I trigger "Away", I want the thermostats to change to Hold mode and get set at an energy saving set point via the event. When I trigger "home" mode, I want the stats to return to their normal scheduled set points.

Comment

Have you tried using the script calls for SetHoldOn and SetHoldOff.
            Check out the help for details.

Here is an example of setting hold ON at 74 F for 60 minutes for thermostat #1:

&hs.Plugin("BLStat").SetHoldOn(1,74,60)

Set set hold OFF:

&hs.Plugin("BLStat").SetHoldOff(1)
            Last edited by Blade; December 28, 2010, 03:43 PM.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

I have posted build G.

Please pay attention to the note in the first thread now

I have totally changed how the schedules work.
              You can now have multiple schedules and load them for any thermostat.
              There is a new scripting call (LoadSchedule).
              See the help for details.

Let me know how it goes.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Blade,

When you select a schedule on thermostat page there no way to set it back to "None". I could setup a blank schedule for "None".

I also not clear on how this schedule process work, If schedule time occurs and heat setpoint is set to 70 and if my wife goes over to thermostat and set heat temp to 75. Will the temp be set back to the schedule temp or will it wait to the next schedule time be set again.

I thought the only way you could override the heat setpoint is when the "hold" Function

Maybe I am not clear on how the "HOLD" is being used.

Did you find anything on EnergySave setpoints?

Thank you

BigMack48

Comment

The "hold" function is there to HOLD the temp PAST a scheduled event.

For example, you have a schedule to turn down heat to 64 at 7am when you leave, at 330 is turns up to 70 so you come home to a warm house. At 9 is sets to 64 to go to sleep.

Well, today you stay home and raise it to 72 cuz ur sick. You can always override the scheduled temp but, at 330 the schedule will decrease it to 70 unless you implement a hold.

Long winded answer but I hope it helps.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Yes... Dafunktyfunk has nailed it

BigMack... I still have your idea in my head and am thinking of the best way to do it.
                    In a future release (very soon) you will be able to manually change the setpoint at the thermostat and have it only hold that for a specific amount of time and then it would revert back to the schedule

If you use HOLD and do not specify a hold time in minutes then the hold will be in place until you set it back to RUN.
                    If you do specify the number of minutes for HOLD then after the temperature has reached the hold setpoint then the timer of your number of minutes starts and once reached it will set it back to RUN and the schedule would kick in.

Hope this makes sense.

In the next build you will be able to set the stat to no schedule. I am not sure why anyone would want this but I will make it an option. To do it you will just select the blank schedule to load.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

I am working on the Energy saver mode. The only stat that has this is the Wayne Dalton I believe.
                      I am waiting on some information from Rich on how I tell what model the stat is.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Hey Bob,

The Trane has it as well...

Taken from: http://www.part2.schlage.com/docs/Th...t_UG_ENG-c.pdf

One thing I was wondering, what are the chances of you being able to SEND information to the Tstat?

For example, getting it to turn on a LED for Filter or, have it display messages it is already set up to display like the LOCK out keypad option...

Comment

Thank You for explaining it to me. It make sense. The problem I having is that my wife only use the thermostat on the wall and my thermostat do not have a hold option. She don't like use a computer so she not willing to use BlStat page to set hold Temp. Sometime She set the heat temp to 80 without looking. That why I ask Blade to look into a option to setback the temp to a max temp default. Maybe Blade can use the EnergySave setpoints for that or a new field.

Thank you

Bigmack48

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                            One thing I was wondering, what are the chances of you being able to SEND information to the Tstat?

For example, getting it to turn on a LED for Filter or, have it display messages it is already set up to display like the LOCK out keypad option...
                            This will likely not happen unless HS adds the ability to their API.
                            I do not have access to the ZWave API
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
                              Thank You for explaining it to me. It make sense. The problem I having is that my wife only use the thermostat on the wall and my thermostat do not have a hold option. She don't like use a computer so she not willing to use BlStat page to set hold Temp. Sometime She set the heat temp to 80 without looking. That why I ask Blade to look into a option to setback the temp to a max temp default. Maybe Blade can use the EnergySave setpoints for that or a new field.

Thank you

Bigmack48
                              This is on my list
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

I have updated the plugin again.
                                You can now set no schedule for the stat.
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X