Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caddx Plugin feature requests

Hi,

I'm getting a number of feature request, which I can understand.
    I made the plugin free available because I need it myself too, but I only included functions I needed myself.

Please let me know what features you miss in the current version and I will see what I can do. I don't have a timeframe and the next version will not be for free anymore.

Thank you in advance.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Caddx and Linux

Any chance of getting Caddx working under Linux? I'm running Ubuntu 14.04.03LTS

Comment

Also requesting linux here.

Comment

Hi,

I'm not very good in linux. I tried it once with the plug-in but I kept getting issues with the com port.
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
          Hi,

I'm not very good in linux. I tried it once with the plug-in but I kept getting issues with the com port.
          Is there anyone else that can help with this part or and I'm I dead in the water on a windows move to linux? Is the com port and issue with both usb or Ethernet connection?

Comment

Linux support is available in the newest release
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks for your support in this! It has been working good so far on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                Thanks for your support in this! It has been working good so far on Linux.
                You're welcome. Learned a lot about Linux last week
                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                The Netherlands
                Using:
                Plugin's:
                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

You're welcome. Learned a lot about Linux last week
                  There is always goods and bads to that story!

Also a Q. The version I have been testing shows up in the updater as 3.4.0.0 but the version you have now made official appears to be 3.2.0.0.

Any difference and should I stay on the beta or move to updater version?

Comment

Fantastic. I'll work on making the transition this weekend.

Comment

I jumped the gun and tried the install remotely. The install failed on Linux. I suspect I know the reason, and it is a local config issue having to do with local manually copied files (HSPI) from another issue. I'll look at it this weekend.

Nevertheless, for reference in case others see this as well, here are the log entries.

Oct-26 3:08:11 PM Updater Install/Update of package Caddx failed.
                      Oct-26 3:08:11 PM Updater Error Installation of package Caddx failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
                      Oct-26 3:08:11 PM Updater Error, package file not found: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/Caddx3.2.0.0/hspi_Caddx.exe
                      Oct-26 3:08:11 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\hspi_Caddx.exe
                      Oct-26 3:08:11 PM Updater Extraction Complete.
                      Oct-26 3:08:11 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/Caddx3.2.0.0/CADDX_Images.zip Destination: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/Caddx/
                      Oct-26 3:08:10 PM Updater Installing package Caddx
                      Oct-26 3:08:10 PM Updater Update hspi_Caddx.exe downloaded successfully
                      Oct-26 3:08:07 PM Updater Downloading update: Caddx
                      Oct-26 3:08:07 PM Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

Its not just you Im running the beta posted on the forum and i tried to update to the managers version and i got the same error you got.

Its either because i already have a later version installed or there is a problem with the manager version install.

Edit: Here is the error I got

Oct-26 12:11:37 PM Updater Install/Update of package Caddx failed.
                        Oct-26 12:11:37 PM Updater Error Installation of package Caddx failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
                        Oct-26 12:11:37 PM Updater Error, package file not found: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/Caddx3.2.0.0/hspi_Caddx.exe
                        Oct-26 12:11:37 PM Updater Copying file: \usr\local\HomeSeer\hspi_Caddx.exe
                        Oct-26 12:11:37 PM Updater Extraction Complete.
                        Oct-26 12:11:37 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/Caddx3.2.0.0/CADDX_Images.zip Destination: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/Caddx/
                        Oct-26 12:11:37 PM Updater Installing package Caddx
                        Oct-26 12:11:37 PM Updater Update hspi_Caddx.exe downloaded successfully
                        Oct-26 12:11:17 PM Updater Downloading update: Caddx
                        Oct-26 12:11:17 PM Updater Starting download of updates
                        Oct-26 12:11:03 PM Info Plugin Caddx with instance: has disconnected
                        Oct-26 12:11:03 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Caddx
                        Last edited by integlikewhoa; October 26, 2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Hmm, then I suspect a Linux directory/capitalization issue. I will try to watch where it actually puts stuff and see if it is just getting confused. I might also try the install on my windows machine and see what/where it puts stuff.

Comment

There is alot of file naming issues. Capitalization in some of the names but not in others and alot of images don't show due to it. I went in the HomeSeer/html/images/Caddx folder and manually fix alot of the images for the icons to work and not throw errors in logs.

Comment

New Version

Hello,

I was running 3.1.0.0 without issues. I saw today after login that there was a new version 3.2.0.0 tyat had linux support and bug fixes. I run on Win-10 64bit.

I stopped the plug-in and checked the box to load the new version. After about 5 secs, it said the update failed. This is the error in the startup log...

10/28/2016 10:58:00 AM ~!~Error~!~Error, Class not found in plugin EXE, maybe namespace is not correct,? Note filename is case sensitive!: hspi_Caddx.exe Class: hspi_Caddx.HSPI->

I want to revert back to 3.1.0.0 until this is resolved. I have never had to recover back to a previous version before. What would be the process to restore to 3.1.0.0.

-Cliff

Comment

Working...
                              X