Cant get it to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he says

Yes thats correct, thats why you don't try to load all the information at once
    if you are wanting to do all of this then I suggest that you setup some sort of persistent storage for all the games, and then just update based on activity
    if you try to load everything at once, then yes you will run out of requests, even on the top package
    I am sorry, but this is just basic logic that you need to understand when building an app on any 3rd party service
    you need to respect the limitations of the service
    if (for example) you were to build a github app
    then the limits are hard
    same as Twitter

without actually writing down exactly what he should or should not be doing, I can't help him
    and I won't be doing this
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

That is quite the response from him. I understand the limitations of the service.
      I use the JSON service from Schedules Direct in my BLTVGuide plugin but they allow me to query multiple tv stations and programs at the same time so that it is just one call.
      That is all I was asking - can that be done. I guess the answer is no and I have no issue with that.

I was planning to store the game information in an XML file because it will not change much. But friends online and offline will change and if you want to trigger on that in HS3 then that might be tough.

I am not sure I will pursue this plugin much longer since I am not sure I can make it very useful for determining when friends come online and offline and that would be the main goal for me. If I want to look at my achievements I can look on the xbox web site
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

yeah thats true , so with other words this api is not good at all ... we can't do much with it ...

and yes friends on and off notification is a pre

i ask him again for advice

Comment

he said this to me

then your not using the site effectively
          I have 3 main xbox sites (that I know of) using my service all on wither top, or second to top package without issues.
          and I even recently upped the limits too

Comment

Yea friends online and offline is main reason for me
            Maybe we could setup a page where you could pick the friends you want to track online and offline. The others would just show basic info and would always show as offline.

For games I could ask for all xbox one and all xbox 360 games (that is 2 calls) and then every hour get details and achievements for a handful of games and store them in an XML file. That way it would take a few hours to get all of the info but once it has it, it can just read the XML. If you want to refresh a game then you would do that per game in the plugin.

That way you control what is done and what API calls are used.

So say you played Killer Instinct (fun game BTW) and you know you got some achievements, the you could just refresh achievements for that game and then the XML would be updated. The next time the plugin starts it has the latest information for it

Thoughts?
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

sorry m ylaptop had an error and it resetted , hehe

yeah killer instinct is a funny game , yeah thats ok we can do that first ,

he also reply on me with this

Friends then don't load all friends at once
              do it in stages
              like pages
              10 friends per page
              sort by name, or favorute
              then allow the user to search for a gamertag with autopopulate from friends list
              again these are things that you need to work out
              not me tell you

Comment

Try 2.0.12 in the updater

I have changed how the games get loaded.
                It will load max 50 API calls for games per hour. So as the hours go by it will get more and more game details and achievements.
                They are stored in an XML file and read in on every startup of HS3.
                It will allow you to refresh a game at a time for details and achievements

I have not done anything with friends yet. That is next

Try it out and let me know what you think
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

hi blade

sorry i didnt see the updates , im checking now

Comment

this update looks good

i see the game info etc , nice done

Comment

It should get friends details too over time
                      I am now working on allow you to choose which friends the plugin will monitor
                      That way you can monitor just the friends you really want to see status on
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

thanks ,

that would be really awsome, only it shows a old bio of me , from a couple of months ago :P

but it works , online status etc , and games ,

Comment

I am showing the bio returned from the API call so that must not be correct.
                          I only display what is returned
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Maybe it will be gone later , no problem

i see it updates my games from 360 and one , so if i understand , if its updated my game information it doesnt update anymore ? thats good because games dont change .. and then u dont have to use the api tokens

Comment

Yes once the plugin has the game and achievements details it will not update it again unless you manually update each game
                              So if you got more achievements on a game you can refresh achievements for that game
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Try 2.0.18
                                You can now choose the friends to monitor (see "maintain friends" on the gamertag page)
                                Select the friends you want to monitor and click save

The default check for friends is 60 minutes. You can change that what you want. It will use ONE API call for each friend you monitor so adjust accordingly.

It might take 60 minutes for the friend status to show after you select them

Let me know how it works
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X