This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heartbeat device status

For hidden door and leak sensors, I am getting an update date in the last change field, but the status and value is showing as zero/flat line. In the status graphic section, the zero is mapped to a flat line and 100 is mapped to a heartbeat. Is the status supposed to be updating to 100 or are the status mappings mapped backwards or something else?
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

when the plugin receives the heartbeat msg, it changes the status to On (100) and then immediately Off (0). so you would only see the heartbeat icon for about a second if you were watching. so you typically will only see the Off (0 - flatline) icon.

the only useful function of the heartbeat devices is to use it in a trigger to notify you if you haven't recvd a heartbeat in the last 25 hours. this might indicate the battery is dying.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

This is good to know... Maybe we develop a clock for this condition

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
        This is good to know... Maybe we develop a clock for this condition
        what do you mean "clock"?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

clock

My thought around "Clock" stems from recently purchasing a Plug-in from Blade that tracks when it last saw a response from the device...... That train of thought around "Heart Beat" and no signal might be tracked over a 25 hour period and alert you to the idea that the "Battery" is depleted or DeaD.

I like the idea of using timing when a known signal did not show-up and alerting you to inquire and check out the device to see if it's battery is non-operational...

I had in mind on a few devices like water sensors to create a timer is the heart beat didn't reset the timer to send an alert for "Battery".

I have a few insteon devices where the battery level doesn't work reliably.... the timer watching heartbeat could be an alternative or backup approach

Devoir

Comment

Sorry if this is dumb, I'm not on HS3 yet...

In HS2, this is very simple to do with the built-in conditional trigger.

Example:

Currently set conditions:

Group 1
            Device: 1st Den Leak Sensor - Heartbeat has been off for at least 50 hours and 0 minutes
            OR Group 2
            Device: 1st Den Leak Sensor - Heartbeat has been on for at least 50 hours and 0 minutes

I use 50 hours to allow for up to one missed heartbeat. You could use 25 instead. Also, the group 2 (on) condition is probably overkill.

Does HS3 not have triggers like this?

Comment

hs3 has the same triggers, and that is what i use to monitor the heartbeat, or lack of heartbeat
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

joegr & mnsnadler

Thanks for sharing that information...I'm still learning the features of the system....

I have been searching for these "Conditional Trigger" I'm not able to replicate something similar to Joegr....

Can someone share a screen shot of this setup?

Many thanks

Devoir

Comment

Create a new one similar to this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	batevent.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	1183162
                  - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                  Web Site
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                    when the plugin receives the heartbeat msg, it changes the status to On (100) and then immediately Off (0). so you would only see the heartbeat icon for about a second if you were watching. so you typically will only see the Off (0 - flatline) icon.

the only useful function of the heartbeat devices is to use it in a trigger to notify you if you haven't recvd a heartbeat in the last 25 hours. this might indicate the battery is dying.
                    I do recall now that you change the device off/on upon getting the heartbeat. I forgot because I had always just used the last change time to trigger from. However, with the new graphics it made me think that my battery was dead -- flat line. I was wonder if it changed from HS2 and it just wasn't updating right.
                    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                    Web Site
                    YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
                      recently purchasing a Plug-in from Blade that tracks when it last saw a response from the device......
                      Devoir

Can you tell me what plugin is this? I can use it

Comment

maybe i should just change both on and off icons for the heartbeat device to the heartbeat icon? thoughts
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          maybe i should just change both on and off icons for the heartbeat device to the heartbeat icon? thoughts
                          In HS2, I changed mine to "pulse" and "idle." It's a little silly, but I don't like seeing the light bulb on in the web listing for things that aren't light bulbs.

Anyway, I'm okay either way, if I ever get to HS3.

Comment

So I implemented the exact same mail event as tpchristian and I found I got a none stop stream of emails when I missed the heart beat since the event would evaluate true every time around. Is there away to generate a single email when the heartbeat is missed or better yet send emails on regular intervals say once a day until the device is fixed?

Comment

Create a trigger for the event that runs periodically, say once a day at 8am, that also checks the heartbeat.

Originally posted by rszostak View Post
                              So I implemented the exact same mail event as tpchristian and I found I got a none stop stream of emails when I missed the heart beat since the event would evaluate true every time around. Is there away to generate a single email when the heartbeat is missed or better yet send emails on regular intervals say once a day until the device is fixed?
                              - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                              Web Site
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X