Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    @spud
    the new additions look good - I did find one situation that breaks the ability to use in many situations...

When devices are not using the same Status Values

Motion detectors are key example of this:
    Schalge & Fibaro use 0 = no motion, 255 = motion
    Monoprice & Zooz use 0 = no motion, 8 = motion (and 7 for some reason is there but never used, not sure why)

... since HST does not standardized (like it should) common device type status values this problem will never go away.

... the solution I use in my script is to define 255, 7 & 8 as 'motion'
    I also am using 3 different types of motion sensors and while their "motion" values are different, their "no motion" values are all zero. So you can test for "equal to 0" or "not equal to 0". This works well in my situation.

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
      I also am using 3 different types of motion sensors and while their "motion" values are different, their "no motion" values are all zero. So you can test for "equal to 0" or "not equal to 0". This works well in my situation.
      Not really... Some of the multiple sensors have other values it uses, for other things, in the same child device... Again, hst not making it consistent or easy... Pure laziness imo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

In my head I was picturing a section in the Plug-In Config where you created a Group Name and added the devices you wanted to be in that group. Then in the event you merely referenced the Group Name.

But I imagine that would be a lot more work and effort and the way it works now is great.
        I thought creating the group on the fly while creating an event would be more convenient than having to create it in the Config page, but I see how using the same group in several different events could be useful, and it's not more difficult to implement.

So, if the majority of you guys think it would be better to create group of devices from the config page, and then reference them by name in events, I will change it. Let me know.

Comment

I would really like that. I use the same group in at least 2 events. One for all off, one for any on.

Comment

Yes please

It would be very useful. For example to trigger an action if a window in a group changes or another group with the doors. Another group with room temperatures... a lot of applications.
            It could replace a lot of scripts or events.
            Definitely Yes, I'm waiting for this
            Many thanks in advance.

Comment

I prefer the separate config of the group also. Thanks
              cheeryfool

Comment

+1

Comment

Same here. I'd like a config page.
                  Originally posted by rprade
                  There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    I thought creating the group on the fly while creating an event would be more convenient than having to create it in the Config page, but I see how using the same group in several different events could be useful, and it's not more difficult to implement.

So, if the majority of you guys think it would be better to create group of devices from the config page, and then reference them by name in events, I will change it. Let me know.
                    Could you also add the ability to have each device in the group have a specific (different) setting?

Group 1:
                    Device A = On
                    Device B = Dim 10%

Group 2:
                    Device A = Dim 20%
                    Device B = Off

Comment

In version 3.0.0.39 (available in Beta section of the updater) the user defined groups are now created from the Config page:

Please test and report any bug. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	udgroup.png
Views:	1
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1192544

Comment

Wondering about our existing events. Should we delete the device group lines before updating the plug-in?

Comment

Sorry spud! The new update is unusable. The boxes used to add devices to the group are so small I can't identify the devices to add to the group. When you show location1 and location2 the actual device name becomes so truncated it's impossible to identify the actual device. Also, creating the group name seems to only allow alpha characters. "Occupancy.Sensors" was truncated to "OccupancySensors".

Comment

Wondering about our existing events. Should we delete the device group lines before updating the plug-in?
                            I don't think deleting them is mandatory, but of course you'll have to update them.

Comment

Sorry spud! The new update is unusable. The boxes used to add devices to the group are so small I can't identify the devices to add to the group. When you show location1 and location2 the actual device name becomes so truncated it's impossible to identify the actual device. Also, creating the group name seems to only allow alpha characters. "Occupancy.Sensors" was truncated to "OccupancySensors".
                              I will see if I can make it bigger but this was the same type of window used in the previous update, so why is it unusable now?

the group name must be alphanum characters or '-' or '_'

Comment

I thought about that. When I was using location2 as the search criteria I abbreviated location2 for the devices I needed in the group. So Downstairs became KI. Downstairs became LR... etc. Now you were updating the plug-in to use the Config to create group name I reverted the location2 back to what it was. This caused the windows to be too small to identify the individual nodes. Is it possible to make the windows stretchable?

Comment

Working...
                                X