Pre-Purchase question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-Purchase question

I want to ensure that this plugin can accomplish my needs...if so then will purchase.

My question:
    In HSTouch I have a floorplan that I wish to display a glowing background at any time ANY light in that room is on. Essentially a visual quick reference that a light or lights are on in that area. (Yes trying to mimic other UI's that have this cool feature). I have my graphics built, and all lights properly grouped into rooms. Using EasyTrigger can I build an event that checks for any light in the devices in that room to see if it is on, and if yes, display the graphic?

If possible could an example of the EasyTrigger event be shown so I have the confidence to purchase rather than a simple "yes" it can be done? FYI I inadvertently installed this plugin and turned on prior to my trying to do this...thus the trial period has expired.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Tomadoggy View Post
    I want to ensure that this plugin can accomplish my needs...if so then will purchase.

My question:
    In HSTouch I have a floorplan that I wish to display a glowing background at any time ANY light in that room is on. Essentially a visual quick reference that a light or lights are on in that area. (Yes trying to mimic other UI's that have this cool feature). I have my graphics built, and all lights properly grouped into rooms. Using EasyTrigger can I build an event that checks for any light in the devices in that room to see if it is on, and if yes, display the graphic?

If possible could an example of the EasyTrigger event be shown so I have the confidence to purchase rather than a simple "yes" it can be done? FYI I inadvertently installed this plugin and turned on prior to my trying to do this...thus the trial period has expired.

Thanks in advance!
    If an event can cause the display of the graphic, then the Easy Trigger group "ANY light in that room is on" can be used to cause the event to run. I used not equal to 0 so it would cover switches and dimmers.

Example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1192553

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1192554
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Sounds promising, but....

This grouping of lights and their value looks promising, however in my current state of understanding of HS3, I do not know how to use an event to trigger a graphic in HSTouch.

Any one else care to assist?

Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        If an event can cause the display of the graphic, then the Easy Trigger group "ANY light in that room is on" can be used to cause the event to run. I used not equal to 0 so it would cover switches and dimmers.

Example:

[ATTACH]63716[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]63718[/ATTACH]
        Randy, I think spud snuck in another trigger in the latest beta which can get rid of your ANDIF.
        Attached Files

Comment

This grouping of lights and their value looks promising, however in my current state of understanding of HS3, I do not know how to use an event to trigger a graphic in HSTouch.

Any one else care to assist?

Thank You!
          Hey Tom,
          I have EasyTrigger and I wouldn't think twice about getting it, such an essential plugin. I haven't used this new grouping feature in EasyTrigger yet, however you can accomplish what you are trying to do without it.
          The method that I use to show lights on in a room in HSTouch is to create a Counter for each room and then when a light in that room is turned on, I have an event to increment the counter for that room. When a light is turned off it decreases the counter. Then in HSTouch I create an element, choose a graphic for lights on and one for lights off, then when the counter is in the range of 1-10 (number is based on #of lights in that room) it shows the On graphic, when the counter is 0 it shows the off graphic.
          Attached Files
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
            Randy, I think spud snuck in another trigger in the latest beta which can get rid of your ANDIF.
            Yes, it looks like he added a group trigger, which was not in the first iteration or I missed it. My event and yours are functionally equivalent, except yours will trigger when a devices value is set, mine requires a value to be changed. In that respect, yours is probably better for what you are trying to do.

Comment

Counters

Thanks for the inputs...the counters are a good idea, however I have16 rooms to do and am looking for a less time consuming manner to accomplish the graphic activation in HSTouch. I am having a difficult time following the process and actually understanding if a EasyTrigger event can be consumed in HSTouch to trigger the graphic. Sorry for being slow but now that the EasyTrigger event looks like it can be built, the remaining question is how/if the graphic can be shown.

Comment

Thanks for the inputs...the counters are a good idea, however I have16 rooms to do and am looking for a less time consuming manner to accomplish the graphic activation in HSTouch. I am having a difficult time following the process and actually understanding if a EasyTrigger event can be consumed in HSTouch to trigger the graphic. Sorry for being slow but now that the EasyTrigger event looks like it can be built, the remaining question is how/if the graphic can be shown.
                Plugin's:

Comment

The counter idea would work fine. The only problem I have with counters for this purpose is that they can become out of sync. If a light is turned on or off while HomeSeer is not running, the counter will be out of sync. Another event could be used to synchronize the counter.

Since Nathan showed how to load the graphic in an HSTouch client, I would be inclined to use a virtual device. Using the events below will do the same as a counter, instead using the virtual device Living Room Lights as the control for the graphic. The advantage of these two events is they are self synchronizing. If HomeSeer is shut down while lights are controlled or if it misses a status update, controlling any light in the room will get the virtual device in sync.

Name:	Capture.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1192572

Comment

The counter idea would work fine. The only problem I have with counters for this purpose is that they can become out of sync. If a light is turned on or off while HomeSeer is not running, the counter will be out of sync. Another event could be used to synchronize the counter.

Since Nathan showed how to load the graphic in an HSTouch client, I would be inclined to use a virtual device. Using the events below will do the same as a counter, instead using the virtual device Living Room Lights as the control for the graphic. The advantage of these two events is they are self synchronizing. If HomeSeer is shut down while lights are controlled or if it misses a status update, controlling any light in the room will get the virtual device in sync.

[ATTACH]63739[/ATTACH]
                    Plugin's:

Comment

Example:

[ATTACH]63716[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]63718[/ATTACH]
                      Plugin's:

Comment

I inadvertently installed this plugin and turned on prior to my trying to do this...thus the trial period has expired.
                        If you ask, you can probably get an extension on the trial period.
                        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Edit \HomeSeer HS3\html\css\Custom.css and add these three lines:
                          Code:
                          /* selector pop-up layout */
                          .selectorleft {min-width:200px; width:auto;}
                          .selectorright {min-width:200px; width:auto;}
                          This will make the window widths dynamic based on the content. The bonus is that this affects the selector box used within all HomeSeer functions, not just the Easy Trigger plug-in. Rich told Spud he is going to add this to hs.css in a future release. Custom.css is used to override any functions within hs.css.

Comment

Purchased EasyTrigger, help with groups

Thanks again to all, I am certain that this thread will be valuable to others as well. As title of post states I have purchased this plugin, but expected to see the ability to set up groups within EasyTrigger, but do not. May I ask for guidance on how to do my lights grouping as shown in the event above?

Thank You,

Comment

Screen shot of event triggers

By the way, the EasyTrigger "group" does not show in my list of IF choices
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X