Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MeiKu (Roku Monitor and Control) version 3.0.3.0 is now available!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MeiKu (Roku Monitor and Control) version 3.0.3.0 is now available!

MeiKu v3.0.3.0 is now available in the HomeSeer store and in the updater!
    The following are included:
    • Added basic command support for Roku TVs
    • Added beta level support for powering on Roku TVs

Please see the full descriptions here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188175

Release notes Here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188176

And request new features here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188177
    Last edited by sirmeili; December 16, 2017, 10:36 PM.

To all those that want to test the Roku TVs, please note that I added code to automatically update your control devices if it detects one of your Roku's is a Roku Tv (done when the plugin starts up). I was unable to test this code as I don't have a Roku TV Available, but it should be sound as I use similar code elsewhere in the plugin.

If not though and it fails to start, I will attempt to fix it ASAP. At the very least, the plugin can be downgraded to the previous version without any issues.

That said, If you want to test it and the plugin starts up, then you can test the power on by doing the following:

Navigate to the plugin settings (PLUG-INS -> MeiKu -> Config) and go to the Roku Tab. If the plugin has detected a RokuTV, then you should see 2 additional buttons: Wake Roku (power on) and Toggle Power.

I have not been able to test these at all, but I found that there were some hidden commands in the ECP API of power and poweron (power toggle and power on respectively). From my understanding, they work just fine if your tv has been off for less than 15 minutes. After that and it turns off the network. To get around this, I am sending a WOL (Wake On LAN) command every time either of those commands are requested (WOL then power command). This should work, and I have read reports that this does work, but I've had no way to test it. It could be we need to adjust the time between the WOL and the power commands and if so, I am considering adding a temporary setting to allow the users to adjust this (for faster testing).

My only other major concern is that the WOL will not work over wireless (it requires the card support WoWLAN), but if it works only over LAN (Ethernet), I still think that's a win overall.

So, to test it we need to do it 2 ways:

1. Can you power on when the TV has been off for less than 15 minutes (in low power mode, but not off)
    2) Can you power on when the TV has been off for more then 15 minutes.
    3) Does the Toggle power actually work?

I realize that #2 above will be a time consuming test. I think there is a setting in the Roku TV to disable the low power mode (so it goes directly to Off), but since I don't have a Roku TV, I can't test locally.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey. So I was able to do some tests. The power off feature works flawlessly, but the power on feature does not work wether the tv has been off for 2 minutes or two hours. I have a Roku sharp tv. I know you mentioned WOL to activate tv, but My model of roku tv does not have a Ethernet port (unless I am mistaken) so I don’t know if this would work. Also something to note is that it is not recognizing my apps. As of right now it just has home on the active apps. Let me know if there is anything else I can add!

Quick edit. I found something called a usb to Ethernet adapter I’m going to buy and try. If it works. We may have a way to make wol work. Will keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by CameronHilliard View Post
        Hey. So I was able to do some tests. The power off feature works flawlessly, but the power on feature does not work wether the tv has been off for 2 minutes or two hours. I have a Roku sharp tv. I know you mentioned WOL to activate tv, but My model of roku tv does not have a Ethernet port (unless I am mistaken) so I don’t know if this would work. Also something to note is that it is not recognizing my apps. As of right now it just has home on the active apps. Let me know if there is anything else I can add!

Quick edit. I found something called a usb to Ethernet adapter I’m going to buy and try. If it works. We may have a way to make wol work. Will keep you posted.
        So, a caveat, I'm not sure power on will work at all over wireless, but I will still see what I can do to get it working, but it will definitely be an uphill battle.

As for the apps, Can you hit this URL (replacing [IP] with the ip address of your roku, which can be found in the settings of the roku plugin):

http://[IP]:8060/query/apps

It should return an XML file. Can you please PM me the contents of that file?

Edit: Also, can you find the version of the Roku OS on your TV? It should be in the settings somewhere on your Roku (I'll look at pulling this and displaying it in the plugin as well)

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X