This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Functions of the CADDX Plug-In

Thrilled to see that a Plug-in is avaliable for my Caddx NX-8 panel with the Home Automation interface.

Just wanted to know before I spend hours playing with it.
    What functions will it allow me to do ?
    Does it report Zones Status changes ?
    Can it show the status on a Webpage ?
    Etc, Etc..

Would those using it kindly share their experiances (Good and Bad) using it ?

Thanks Kindly for any comments..

Phil

It shows zone status changes and allows you to arm/disarm, toggle chime, and shows last alarm. The status display on the web for zones is a bit weird though, it shows 0 or 100 for status of the zones depending on whether it's faulted or not. Nitrox, is it supposed to do that?

Other than that it appears to work great! I could probably write a quick script to update the status on the web page. It will be nice to "borrow" the reports from higher quality motion sensors for HS.
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Thymer,
      Thanks for the good news that the Plug-In actually works.

I have been using my Caddx panel now for 5 years,
      But mine has never been directly interfaced to HomeSeer. Insead I used the 584 X10 Interface to send Powerline events.
      The Caddx Panel sends X10 PL events when a door or window is opened, and HomeSeer recieves the X10 Event converts that data and acts upon it. Even sends me notices to my Cell Phone, when someone Arms or Diss-Arms the Panel.
      Has worked this way flawlessly for years now, but a direct interface would be much better.

Looking forward to giving this thing a try..
      Phil

Comment

I was wondering how easy it would be or if it is even possible to show what user code has armed or disarmed the panel. And if it is possible to send text messages to the keypads. Can this easily be added to the plug-in or can I create a separate script to communicate with the same com port that the plug-in is using?

Comment

A friend and I were just discussing this exact feature yesterday. We thought it would be neat to base "Welcome Home" messages and other events off of the user that disarmed the alarm. I'm looking into adding it to the plugin.

-Nitrox

Comment

I might be looking right past it, but how do I use scripting to arm stay/arm away/disarm the alarm? I have looked at device status, device value, and execx10 and just can't figure it out.

Comment

drodegeb,
              Well if you missed it then I did also, because I see no way to either Arm or DisArm the panel from the Caddx plugin . This would be a great feature.
              I have sensors on all my interior doors, so the Caddx plugin allows Homeseer to act on other scripts I have written, anounces events, and turns on lights, etc. But I would love to see an Arm/disarm feature in the plugin.

Phil

Comment

If your HS system is accessible from the Internet, do you really want to allow it to arm/disarm your alarm?

- Gordon

"Security is EVERYONE'S business!"
                |
                | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
                HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

I was looking into it so that I can have a single "Bedtime" script to execute that would do cleanup (ex. Arm Alarm, Turn off Lights, etc..). But I can't figure out how to arm the alarm via a script, only from the web page or Homeseer interface.

Comment

Working...
                  X