Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install drivers??

I downloaded http://homeseer.com/updates3/SmartStickPlusDriver.zip
    and it's a ZIP with 2 files in it: uzb.cat and uzb.inf - what do I do with these files now, to have my PC recognize the smartstick?

Generally - either right click the inf file and install;
    or;
    Use Device Manager, find the device then update driver, I have a file and browse to where the files are located.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
      Generally - either right click the inf file and install;
      or;
      Use Device Manager, find the device then update driver, I have a file and browse to where the files are located.
      I did install and got no errors, but no luck either. Then I finally figured it out: had to extract to desktop and let it search for drivers there - no way to point it directly to the file that I could find.
      Last edited by mlevin77; January 26, 2016, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Mine would not automatically find the driver so I did the following:

- Extracted driver folder to my Desktop
        - Right clicked the Device in the Device Manager under Ports
        - Clicked Update Driver
        - Browsed My Computer for Driver Software
        - Selected the SmartStickPlus folder that I extracted

Comment

I thought I would add to this post rather than start a new one. I cant find the SmartStick in my device manager under ports. I have an S^ windows based controller and I never upgraded the smartstick as required for the S6.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

Comment

Isn't your smartstick located in "other devices" It could also be under the category USB devices and being installed as Serial to comport USB converter.

To find out of your computer does recognize some USB device plug in, open device manager and disconnect / reconnect the stick.

If your pc recognizes something plugs in, the device manager refreshes..
            If your computers doesn't recognize the stick connecting it could be 2 options.:
            - Sadly, your device looks to be not working.
            - You have to turn on / modify USB connection settings in the computers BIOS.

Comment

Working...
            X