Floor tile heating thermostat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor tile heating thermostat?

I have under floor electric heating mats from thermosoft in a couple of rooms. They are controlled by Honeywell TH115-AF-GA/U thermostats. These thermostats include a temperature probe/thermocouple that is installed under the floor and the ability to switch the 110V mats on and off.

Does anyone know of a zwave capable thermostat that will provide the same functionality?

Thanks!

The Nuheat have a Signature line that is Wifi capable. I would imagine that would be the one you'd have to try to use.

I am installing floors too and intended to use this controller to link it to my HS. Ill let you know if I find anything out but as of now i have no idea. Maybe someone here will know?

Comment

I am using the Sinope stat for under-tile heating. It's requires a gateway unit wifi/ethernet, but is then controllable via Spud's plugin. Unfortunately it's quite expensive by the time you have the stat and gateway, but it is good.
      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by msayewich View Post
        The Nuheat have a Signature line that is Wifi capable. I would imagine that would be the one you'd have to try to use.

I am installing floors too and intended to use this controller to link it to my HS. Ill let you know if I find anything out but as of now i have no idea. Maybe someone here will know?
        Thanks

Looks like people over at smarthings have done some extensive digging on their unpublished API. I guess if it can be controlled via wifi it can be integrated into homeseer by hook or by crook. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
          I am using the Sinope stat for under-tile heating. It's requires a gateway unit wifi/ethernet, but is then controllable via Spud's plugin. Unfortunately it's quite expensive by the time you have the stat and gateway, but it is good.
          Hmm, found this kit on amazon with the web interface and 2 thermostat units (which just happens to be how many i would need) for about $200. That makes them about half the price of the Nuheat.

Is this the one you use?
          https://www.amazon.com/Sinop%C3%A9-G...words=GT125-K2

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by grahamk View Post
            Hmm, found this kit on amazon with the web interface and 2 thermostat units (which just happens to be how many i would need) for about $200. That makes them about half the price of the Nuheat.

Is this the one you use?
            https://www.amazon.com/Sinop%C3%A9-G...words=GT125-K2

Thanks!
            those are for baseboard heater. For floor heating, you will need this one: https://www.sinopetech.com/en/boutiq...mmable-3600-w/

plus the web gateway to interface it with Homeseer
            https://www.sinopetech.com/en/boutiq...n/web-gateway/

Comment

OK, thanks. But darn, the price for the other one was looking pretty good!! Heh.

Comment

The honeywell thermostat that I have appears to have an "away" circuit that can be wired for control. It seems I could wire a zwave relay into that switch for "poor mans" control and basically just use it as an on/off switch. That might work as there is really no fine tuning for underfloor heating it seems like it's either on or off......

Comment

I thought the price points for the sinope was pretty decent

Comment

Originally posted by msayewich View Post
                    I thought the price points for the sinope was pretty decent
                    USD 265 for the web interface and one underfloor-style thermostat
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                    X