No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.368

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

368 does not require mono 4, you can still use 3.2. If you update mono though you may lose parts of your events. You can use the Labs tab in setup to export and import events.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Noticed an issue with updating the SEL from mono 3.0.28 to mono 5.X.

The triggers part of the event's get removed which is the same thing that happened a long time ago updating the original Zee2 from Mono 3.0.28 to mono 3.12 a while back.

I did one user here and had no real issues updating Mono (removing old and installing new) except that it wiped out the users event triggers. Another user just posted the same effect so he downgraded back to an image of his Homeseer 3 build with Mono 3.0.28.

I recall reading some place here that the new V.368 needs Mono 4.X.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you Rich.

An FYI another user has tried the Mono Update on his SEL and used Labs tab to export and import after the Mono update and it did not work.

See here ==> Mono Update

Actually it is worse than I thought. All the events have lost their triggers. Meaning I'll have to rebuild all events as you suggest, all 204 events ... Eeeek!!

I have been using Lab to backup events, but restoring does not restore the triggers. Guess this is the downside. I don't think it's worth it - the amount of time I would need to rebuild the events. Think I'll revert ...
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I did not think that Homeseer used Mochad any more. I see a mochad subdirectory in the main homeseer directory and a file called 91-usb-x10-controllers.rules and the mochad file.

Here still using an X10 CM11A and TW-523 for the Ocelot. (well and the Jeff Volp X10 stuff).

Thinking too that systemd is more resource intensive than upstart. That is me though.

For testing and comparing speed of the Homeseer X10 plugin went to using HeyYou for a bit.
        I think I solved my X10 problem after much googling and a few very helpful articles. I posted the best solution in the x10 plugin section. Fingers crossed now.

Comment

.368 Memory leak

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          There is more information there and it points to HSCF, which handles communications between HS and plugins. However, I bet it crashed there just because that was requesting some memory when things went bad. It is probably pretty busy handling plugin data. But its something. I am sure the system did not actually run out of memory.

But keep an eye on HS memory and see if its use is growing.
          Since I updated from .318 to .362 and above HS3 has crashed every three days or so. This usually indicates a memory leak. Looking at the perf monitor for the last day it seems to indicate a memory leak as memory usage just continues to climb

I have HSTOUCH and auto discover cameras disabled. With HSTOUCH enabled it crashes much more quickly on .362--been disabled since then.

It seems there are several people complaining about stability--just not very loudly. With a memory leak stability is somewhat proportional to how much memory you have up to the amount windows will alot for a given process. I have 4GB of system RAM on 64bit windows which will alot a max of 4GB to a 32bit process (which HS3 is). Once the 4GB is reached HS3 crashes. Mine will likely get really slow before crashing as it switches to pagefile for the RAM taken up by OS and other processes (since I only have 4GB total system RAM). If you have much more than 4GB of RAM then HS3 will crash once the HS3.exe approaches 4GB on a 64bit system, and 2GB on a 32bit system. Linux is different.

In short I think there is a memory leak since .362, and uptime now is less than a week for me. On .318 and prior I would get months of uptime.
          Attached Files

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Now that you mention it, my CPU usage is quite high, and the GUI sluggish. Memory doesn't seem to be climbing though.
            Don

Comment

How much available system memory do you have left? Normally a sluggish system is an indication that physical RAM is full and you are using a swap file mostly. The slow down will also slow down the rate of memory leakage.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Have a bit over 4Bb out of 8Gb.
                Don

Comment

Thank you Rich.

An FYI another user has tried the Mono Update on his SEL and used Labs tab to export and import after the Mono update and it did not work.

See here ==> Mono Update

Actually it is worse than I thought. All the events have lost their triggers. Meaning I'll have to rebuild all events as you suggest, all 204 events ... Eeeek!!

I have been using Lab to backup events, but restoring does not restore the triggers. Guess this is the downside. I don't think it's worth it - the amount of time I would need to rebuild the events. Think I'll revert ...
                  Thanks Pete. That was me being referred to I can confirm that I tried to restore events from Lab after Mono upgrade, but triggers were still missing. The events backup I was restoring was from before the Mono update.
                  Last edited by ; October 1, 2017, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Is Flite TTS working?

I am no longer getting event generated TTS output on my Android HSTouch client speakers. Can someone confirm if Flite TTS is working from events (Speak something) on .368?

I can't be sure it is to do with .368, or my underlying Linux system since I just factory reset my SEL. I have reinstalled Flite after the factory reset. And double checked speak_to_file.sh. See attached.

Playing audio files from events works fine.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by ; September 30, 2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

@rjh
                      I'm getting ERROR 3 that didnt exist in build 318, but soon as I installed 326 it started happening. HST support told me to install 368 and it would work again, they are incorrect.

Please fix this - this must be breaking a lot of scripts.

Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\AirscapeControl.vb :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Does entry point Update exist in script? at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Obj ect obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at A.c17b105f989efe61e5979e67bec1ef734.cffd66cb0782c50126727e3f a75582d7a()

Comment

HS3 .368 crashed again this morning

Faulting application name: HS3.exe, version: 3.0.0.368, time stamp: 0x59c917e9
                        Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0xadaa6ed6
                        Exception code: 0xe0434352
                        Fault offset: 0x000eb832
                        Faulting process id: 0x9bc4
                        Faulting application start time: 0x01d338abff7fa6a8
                        Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HS3.exe
                        Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
                        Report Id: 82743c14-5f6c-4ae7-8605-b598704bca78
                        Faulting package full name:
                        Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: HS3.exe
                        Framework Version: v4.0.30319
                        Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
                        Exception Info: System.OutOfMemoryException
                        Cheers,
                        Bob
                        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

@abwyatt

Guessing that you have enabled Homeseer touch in the setup / network tab in Homeseer 3?

When enabled you should see your Android client on the bottom of the page:

Connected Speaker Clients
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

@abwyatt

Guessing that you have enabled Homeseer touch in the setup / network tab in Homeseer 3?

When enabled you should see your Android client on the bottom of the page:

Connected Speaker Clients
                            Yes, HSTouch is enabled and speaker clients appear at bottom of network tab.

So your Flite TTS is working from events on .368?

Comment

Do you get this error everytime you run the script, or is it random?

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                              @rjh
                              I'm getting ERROR 3 that didnt exist in build 318, but soon as I installed 326 it started happening. HST support told me to install 368 and it would work again, they are incorrect.

Please fix this - this must be breaking a lot of scripts.

Comment

Should be working. In Setup on the network tab, toward the bottom, check the "Default clients to speak to..." setting and make sure its blank if you want to speak to all clients by default. Maybe you have some old setting there.

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post
                                I am no longer getting event generated TTS output on my Android HSTouch client speakers. Can someone confirm if Flite TTS is working from events (Speak something) on .368?

I can't be sure it is to do with .368, or my underlying Linux system since I just factory reset my SEL. I have reinstalled Flite after the factory reset. And double checked speak_to_file.sh. See attached.

Playing audio files from events works fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X