Syslog event not always triggering event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syslog event not always triggering event

I have an event which when my wifes phone loggs into (or out) of my AP, it triggers an event. That does not always trigger my event and I am not sure why.

This is the event and the syslog
    Attached Files

Hello Mikee123,

I was troubleshooting this issue a few months back and determined HomeSeer didn't trigger the event even though my plug-in requested it to trigger. I am wondering if it's a bug with HomeSeer related to the "Cannot Re-Run For" option. Do you have any other syslog triggers that don't use the "Cannot Re-Run For" option? If yes, are you experiencing any issues with those?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

No I havent. But if you think its the cannot re run for x, I can disable that and see if it triggers more reliably.

Actually, I just checked. I have the same event without the cannot re run, which only sends a notification which I created for testing purposes. And looking at my pushover notifications, that does not trigger all the time either. So its not the cannot re run. So this is a bug in HS3 ?

Comment

By the way, are you using the UniFi AP?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I must say that using almost the exact same trigger I am reliably having events run. The only difference for me is that I'm specifying the host name and have ath1: STA xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IEEE 802.11: associated as my message content. Sorry if it doesn't help but maybe a negative result is still a useful result?
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            By the way, are you using the UniFi AP?
            Yes I am.

I had the ath1: STA xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IEEE 802.11: associated before, and as that was not reliable I changed it to see if I get more reliablility

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              Hello Mikee123,

I was troubleshooting this issue a few months back and determined HomeSeer didn't trigger the event even though my plug-in requested it to trigger. I am wondering if it's a bug with HomeSeer related to the "Cannot Re-Run For" option. Do you have any other syslog triggers that don't use the "Cannot Re-Run For" option? If yes, are you experiencing any issues with those?

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Hi, did you ever get any further with finding out why its not always triggering ? I have events set up for 2 phones (associated and disassociated). One phone hardly ever triggers the event, the other phone most of the time. I did do the events from scratch as copying events can sometimes stop them triggering. So that is eliminated as a cause. I have also tried changing the contains to only a partial of the syslog message (from mac address to the associated) to see if that would make a difference. It doesn't. Is there a working workaround ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                Hi, did you ever get any further with finding out why its not always triggering ? I have events set up for 2 phones (associated and disassociated). One phone hardly ever triggers the event, the other phone most of the time. I did do the events from scratch as copying events can sometimes stop them triggering. So that is eliminated as a cause. I have also tried changing the contains to only a partial of the syslog message (from mac address to the associated) to see if that would make a difference. It doesn't. Is there a working workaround ?
                Not yet. I just completed the role-out of my new UniFi system and will be able to duplicate soon. I see the switch in the logs as I move from one room to another, so will be able to track when/if it triggers.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Please keep me in touch, I like the plugin, and if you need any help with logs or testing betas or anything else please let me know. Happy to help if I can.

Comment

Working...
                  X