Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UltraLog - Possible logging with MSSQL 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraLog - Possible logging with MSSQL 2014?

I was able to create the database structure with the script that you posted here.

Is it possible to use MSSQL as the DBMS? If so, how does one configure the plugin to use MSSQL?

Thx.
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Hello Krumpy,

I am sorry, but the HS3 version of UltraLog never supported a database other than the built in sqlite database. It was too much effort to support the various different types of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS). In addition, when I was running MSSQL and/or MySQL, the database would become corrupt too often due to restarts after Microsoft forced updates.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Hello Krumpy,

I am sorry, but the HS3 version of UltraLog never supported a database other than the built in sqlite database. It was too much effort to support the various different types of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS). In addition, when I was running MSSQL and/or MySQL, the database would become corrupt too often due to restarts after Microsoft forced updates.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Hi ultrajones, does it means that you are also stopping development on having the ability to write syslog and the hs log in mysql. This would be a great feature since I'm integrating every syslog send log into mysql.

Thanks,
      Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
        Hi ultrajones, does it means that you are also stopping development on having the ability to write syslog and the hs log in mysql. This would be a great feature since I'm integrating every syslog send log into mysql.

Thanks,
        Aldo

No, they are 2 different things. The plug-in will soon be able to act as a syslog forwarder for HS log and syslog. What you do on the syslog receiver is up to you (e.g. write it to a MySQL database).

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          No, they are 2 different things. The plug-in will soon be able to act as a syslog forwarder for HS log and syslog. What you do on the syslog receiver is up to you (e.g. write it to a MySQL database).

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Thank you, fantastic news. Looking forward to it.

Aldo

Comment

Working...
          X