Clear All

Hs outlet weird issue

Here is a video

https://youtu.be/iWSbSdgNxLU

Here is my water machine

https://imgur.com/a/aukEM

I thought the load was ok but not sure

Not sure if it is defective.
    Last edited by ; November 8, 2017, 02:59 PM.

I already tried to revert back to non-beta zwave plugin.

I tried to reinclude the node to.

Got the same behavior...

it is only when i tried to unplug the water machine **at the same time** the problem was occurring , that the Outlet stopped to do this.
    I didn't think it was going to stop when i did this video, because i once tried to unplug the outlet from the wall, and the problem was happening again next morning ( i have an event which turn on the water machine at 8 am).

This is not the best alarm to get up from bed lol.

Comment

I think everyone is going to want more info like which device you are using to control with and a pic of the event you are using.

Comment

Thank , i uploaded the first post

and here are two pictures of my events:

https://ibb.co/dXEHQm
        https://ibb.co/jcrYWR

So if nightime is on .... water machine is OFF

if nightime is off ....water machine is ON

i created a virtual device called '' nightime water machine''

and there is the z wave node ( seen by alexa etc) called ''water machine''

it give me more freedom like that , if i buy another water machine i will just have to change the events related to ''nightime water machine''
        Last edited by ; October 19, 2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
          Thank , i uploaded the first post

and here are two pictures of my events:

https://ibb.co/dXEHQm
          https://ibb.co/jcrYWR
          Your second event is making it turn itself off and on continuously. disable these events. The first event should turn it off at 8am and second event on at 11pm. If you get another machine you can simply call it <name> Water Machine.

event 1
          If time is 8am
          Then turn off bedroom water machine

event 2
          If time is 11pm
          Then turn on bedroom water machine
          Last edited by cowinger; October 19, 2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

I already did what you said , i had the same behavior...i changed the logic not because of this problem, but because I changed all my timed device in the house last week. I have the same logic for sensors / lights etc.. and it is all good ..

The logic i see for my event is this:

If it is 11 pm then '' nightime water machine'' vitual device is ON

IF night time water machine is ON than it will put the zwave wave node ''water machine'' to OFF.

In The morning... If it is 8:00 am then '' nightime water machine'' vitual device is OFF.

IF night time water machine is OFF then it will put the zwave wave node ''water machine'' to ON.

---

Comment

I already did what you said , i had the same behavior...i changed the logic not because of this problem, but because I changed all my timed device in the house last week. I have the same logic for sensors / lights etc.. and it is all good ..

The logic i see for my event is this:

If it is 11 pm then '' nightime water machine'' vitual device is ON

IF night time water machine is ON than it will put the zwave wave node ''water machine'' to OFF.

In The morning... If it is 8:00 am then '' nightime water machine'' vitual device is OFF.

IF night time water machine is OFF then it will put the zwave wave node ''water machine'' to ON.

---
              If time is 11pm
              Then set night time water machine virtual device to on

If time is 8am
              Then set night time water machine virtual device to off

If nightime water machine virtual device changes and becomes on
              Then turn off water machine

If nightime water machine virtual device changes and becomes off
              Then turn on water machine

I think I got it right.

Comment

Here my log this morning ( with the clipping )

Oct-19 8:00:00 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Bedroom Water Machine Set to 255
                Oct-19 8:00:00 AM Device Control Device: Basement Bedroom Water Machine to On (255)
                Oct-19 8:00:00 AM Event Event Trigger "Water machine Water machine on during day"
                Oct-19 8:00:00 AM Device Control Device: Unknown Unknown Nightime water machine to Off (0)
                Oct-19 8:00:00 AM Event Event Trigger "time of day with virtual device nightime off water machine"

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                  If time is 11pm

If time is 8am

If nightime water machine virtual device changes and becomes on
                  Then turn off water machine

If nightime water machine virtual device changes and becomes off
                  Then turn on water machine

I think I got it right.

ok i will try that, thank you!!

Comment

Same issue this morning at 8 am

Comment

Same issue this morning at 8 am
                      Instead of "changes and becomes" change it to "had it's value set to" and try again.

You could change your times to something that will make it run today.

Turn on your water machine a minute before 1pm. Or any combo of times.

If time is 1pm

If time is 1:05pm

If it works set the times back to original and then turn water machine back off so it will come on at 8am and off at 11pm.
                      Last edited by cowinger; October 20, 2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

I have been watching this thread. While I really don't understand why there needs to be a virtual device, the original events posted would not cause this action. Why not turn the appliance module On at 8:00AM and Off at 11:00PM?

In your video, the On/Off of the relay stops when you unplug the water cooler. That must be a problem with the module. There is no way the events would quit running when the cooler is unplugged. The cooler is only rated at 1.2A and the appliance module should be good for 1/2 HP, about 3X what the cooler draws.
                        Last edited by randy; October 20, 2017, 12:48 PM.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

thank you i think i will point this thread to support !

As for the virtual device.. it is just easier for me to manage in my event section..

i have a section called '' turn off at night '' and i have a bunch of event in this section
                          Last edited by ; October 20, 2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                            I have been watching this thread. While I really don't understand why there needs to be a virtual device, the original events posted would not cause this action. Why not turn the appliance module On at 8:00AM and Off at 11:00PM?
                            We agree Randy with this as I stated in post #5 that it could be that simple but I tried to help using the virtual switch. Maybe you can help him.

The only other thing is that the appliance module, I agree, should be able to handle the inrush current, I still wonder if there is still something wrong with the appliance module itself. Could it just be faulty. Trying a different module would answer that question.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                              We agree Randy with this as I stated in post #5 that it could be that simple but I tried to help using the virtual switch. Maybe you can help him.

The only other thing is that the appliance module, I agree, should be able to handle the inrush current, I still wonder if there is still something wrong with the appliance module itself. Could it just be faulty. Trying a different module would answer that question.
                              thank you for your help. In fact , it did permit me to know tthe difference between :

-has been changed to
                              -is set to

but practically the difference is thin i think

Comment

Working...
                              X