Help HS-IWAC7 Booting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help HS-IWAC7 Booting problem

I purchased a homeseer IWAC7 Android wall mount touch screen been working fine 24/7 for the past 8 months, it started getting gApps not responding error messages so I did a power cycle now it sits at the Ice Cream sandwich logo.

If i power cycle it enough it may boot once out of 20 tries then it starts to having error messages popping up randomly like download manager stopped keyboard stopped ect.

Does anyone have the firmware to reload the unit?

thanks

Re: Help HS-IWAC7 Booting problem

Ping the oem on Alibaba. I think it is seibo, or something like that. For some reason, hs won't release firmware for it. You can send it in for repair, for a fee of course, if not still under warranty.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I replaced my OS / firmware on my first generation HS touchscreen. That said I made it too "fat" adding this or that. Then I made it skinny removing this or that.

The "solution" (without getting the recovery firmware); albeit its not a good one (but it is simple) is to make a DR recovery of the OS/Firmware with the installation of software with will snapshot the image and allow you to reboot and reload the stock image. This actually could be done by initially installing said snapshot DR application before doing anything else to it. I did not do this though; my mistake here. Even better would be just to play on an external SD card booting from it and modifying it rather than the internal flash; that is my opinion though.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Don't bother guys this thread is dead.

The unit is completely dead now will not even power on no more.
        Piece of crap chinese built garbage is where it belongs now in the trashcan $200 down the drain will never buy another.

Comment

Working...
        X