Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Environment Canada Weather plugin - HS3

Plug-in is no longer supported.
    Last edited by chrisgo; February 25, 2021, 09:02 PM.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for making this available. Will it retrieve weather warnings as well?

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

It reads the warnings into a separate HS3 device as a device string. I plan to change the device value to 0/100 (off/on) when there is a warning so an event can be triggered. We had some warnings recently locally which has given me the chance to play with this. I will package up the next version shortly.

Chris

EDIT: 3.0.0.3 added to 1st post.
      Last edited by chrisgo; July 20, 2014, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

Hi Chris,

Works great so far. In a future update, would you be able to split the values in the Current_summary device into individual values for each of the items there?

Thanks
          Al

Comment

That data is not presented as separate entries in the XML feed. It's just one big string:

<![CDATA[<b>Observed at:</b> Calgary Int'l Airport 11:00 AM MDT Sunday 20 July 2014 <br/> <b>Condition:</b> Mainly Sunny <br/> <b>Temperature:</b> 16.8&deg;C <br/> <b>Pressure / Tendency:</b> 101.0 kPa rising<br/> <b>Visibility:</b> 48.3 km<br/> <b>Humidity:</b> 56 %<br/> <b>Dewpoint:</b> 8.1&deg;C <br/> <b>Wind:</b> ENE 8 km/h<br/> <b>Air Quality Health Index:</b> 1 <br/>]]>

I will see if I can parse the data manually. Problem is I don't know if this is consistent or if it changes.

Chris

Comment

Al, check out 3.0.0.4. It breaks out the summary data into separate devices.

Don't copy over the config folder or you will lose your config file.

Comment

Thanks for the quick update. Works great!

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Al,
                  Do you happen to have an updater_override or a process to get this thing installed? Thanks..... Nevermind, I was being an idiot and got it now. Thanks!

Comment

Copy the contents of the zip over to your HS3 folder. It should then show up in the plugin menu.

Comment

2 new versions:

3.0.0.7: Fixes some bugs when the temperature is <0 degrees. It also adds a couple of new devices - 'windchill' and 'feelslike'.

3.0.0.9: First attempt at supporting the French atom feeds. It includes some parse rules for the French forecasts, but it is by no means complete.

If you are upgrading please do not copy over the config folder or you will lose your settings.

(get latest version https://sites.google.com/site/b123cdd/)
                      Last edited by chrisgo; December 22, 2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	feelslike.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1175200

Click image for larger version

Name:	feelslikevalue.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1175199

Thanks

Comment

Hi Spud, thanks for the feedback. My French is useless so please let me know if anything else is incorrect. I am using Google to translate

(1) I will look into this - I've not used child devices before. My only concern would be having to delete and re-create devices as this would change the device reference. It takes forever to re-configure all the HSTouch screens when this changes.

(2) Thanks for this, I will correct the language in the next version.

As far as "," versus "." I thought this was odd. The feed provides "," and I was not sure if this was correct or not. It should be pretty easy to replace the "," with "." and this should fix the device value.

The French capable version is very new so please let me know if you spot anything else that needs fixing.

Chris

Comment

Spud, try this:

3.0.0.10 (get latest version https://sites.google.com/site/b123cdd/)

It does not fix all the "," as they seem to be all over the place, but it should fix the device values for the relevant devices.

I also fixed the "feels like" language.

Not yet look at the child devices concept.

Chris
                            Last edited by chrisgo; December 22, 2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

This version attempts to fix the remaining "," in the French feeds.

It also groups the devices under a root device as per Spud's suggestion. For existing installations the device names and addresses will be updated.

I've tested this a few times and it seems to work ok, but I'd suggest backing up your HS3 folder before enabling this latest version just in case.

3.0.0.11 (get latest version https://sites.google.com/site/b123cdd/)
                              Last edited by chrisgo; December 22, 2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X