Table top remote for table lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Table top remote for table lamps

This seems counter intuitive, but can you recommend a table top remote to control table lamps via HS? In several rooms I have table lamps managed by a HS lamp module with an event that allows them to be controlled via a HS wall switch (double-tap turns on the lamps). If sitting bear a lamp it would be nice to control it without getting up. Pre-HomeSeer I had table top touch switches that allowed you to turn lamps on, off and dim. Is there something similar that I can use with HS?

You can get the v1 minimotes cheap. Maybe too small and lost more easily than some other table top. Better yet, get an Echo Dot for not much more than other controllers, and turn them on & off by voice. We do that for two lamps in the Family room we congregate in. Works great.

Comment

ImperiHome running on a phone works well too, but not as convenient as voice or a dedicated remote.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I use a couple Intermatic HA-07 remotes and they work well enough for me, just wish they weren't white.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000B...rb_top?ie=UTF8

Additionally, google home works well, as does imperihome.

Comment

Do you have that Intermatic controller integrated through HS3 or directly controlling other Z-Wave devices? I got one but was unable to figure out how to integrate it since it is a controller and not a device like a minimote.

Comment

I had to add it to hs3 so that I could use it as a secondary controller. After that you copy the network to the Ha07, and then associate devices with each of the 6 (12 w/shift) channels

Comment

Thanks! On the Zee S2 I went to the ZWaveControllers page and selected Action of Send Network Information to another Controller, then followed your instructions of Hold Include for 5 seconds, then Press Ch1 Off and the Zee's network copied to the HA07. Then followed your remaining directions of Press/Hold On and Off buttons of a channel to Learn a Device, then Hold Include button while pressing Device's button. Worked great for first three devices. Finally, I don't have to talk to Alexa.

Comment

Awesome! Glad it worked out. As you might imagine, I grew tired of trying to remember how to do it each time so I just printed some labels from instructions I found on the HS forums.

Comment

Working...
                X