This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call Pro/Standard?

My Way2Call (HD00USGR02) standard device started giving me trouble answering calls so I thought the easiest & fastest way to get it back up and running was to buy another so I ebayed a Pro model (HD00PRGR01). That one does not work at all. The 02 will at least allow calls to pass through and ring normally, but the Prgr01 will not. I am wondering if the drivers, usb, power, etc are really plug compatible between the two units? Anyone have experience with the two?

The USGR02 had worked well for several years, then the USB starts to disconnect after HS3 has been up for a couple hours. It works fine up until the USB disconnects, and then of course will not reconnect until I restart HS3. Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks
    Gary
    Last edited by Kbevo; October 9, 2017, 04:25 PM.

Try connecting a ground wire to the W2C box. That seemed to work a while ago.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Try connecting a ground wire to the W2C box. That seemed to work a while ago.
      I saw posts suggesting that, but they seemed to be in relation to getting the callerID to pass through How would I go about grounding the W2C box?

Gary

Comment

Yeah here never had a problem but did read of HS folks doing this.

I would suppose that you just connect a ground wire to the metal chassis inside of the plastic case a and bit exposed in the back of the unit. Easiest would be just to crimp a wire between the plastic and the metal.

Phone wiring here has always been the same.

Copper-VOIP-backup go to a Leviton telephone patch panel with an RJ31X. (kind of a hybrid mix today of one copper, two VOIP and one backup cellular phone line).

And these connections go to

One analog multiline telephone and one Panasonic wireless multiline base unit.

There is an earth ground to two Leviton cans, alarm panel, switch in alarm panel, et al.

First build involved an earth ground as most important. Electrical fuse panel has an earth ground going to the ingress of the copper water pipe feeding the house here.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,
          Hmm Not sure about the "metal chassis" connection, all I really see is the plastic case and the circuit board (see below). You think there a place to solder a wire to the circuit board? I am afraid I am still not clear on where the other end of such a wire would go. My home is grounded, like you say, the electrical circuit breaker panel has a ground rod, so I would assume one could connect the ground to the ground prong of any available 3 prong socket?

On another note, my original W2C device (USGR02), causes HSPhone to log these two messages every 4 minutes.

Oct-10 12:30:00 PM Phone Line 1 Internal answer is disabled, ignoring off-hook
          Oct-10 12:30:03 PM HSPhone
          Muting rings enabled

Never understood why, but it does light up my answer machine for a second or two, indicating an off-hook condition. Have any thoughts?

Anyone?

Thanks
          Gary

Comment

Hello Gary. I have not seen the message above.

I am still utilizing the original W2C boxes purchased in the early 2000's.

I also have a serial W2C box which works except for the voice part.

Are you using copper or VOIP for your W2C box?

Here I had issues with 2nd Ooma line (using Linx?). Ooma primary line has been fine.

I would use the metal housing for the USB port as a ground.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

I am still utilizing the original W2C boxes purchased in the early 2000's.
              Good to know they last that long. I have/had been using the USGR02 for a couple years, but it too was bought used off ebay, so who knows what had happened to it before I installed it. I have always suspected something was a little off, because of the off-hooks.
              Are you using copper or VOIP for your W2C box?
              VOIP. Hope they didn't change something that started all my problems.

I would use the metal housing for the USB port as a ground.
              Solder a wire to the USB housing and run to a socket ground outlet? Am I understanding that rigging correctly?

Thanks
              Gary

Comment

Working...
              X