Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New behavior for grouped clients

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Over the years, Sonos behavior of what events it generates when players are grouped has changed. Don't know it was by design or by mistake but it caused issues for the PI in the past. So it is possible that something changed w. R8.2.
    For your info: the way the PI works ....
    1/ once Sonos groups players, the "slave" players generate zero events.
    2/ when the PI notices that players are grouped, it builds up an internal table of who is master and which players are slaves
    3/ Any event received by the master, the PI will performs "fake" updates to all slaves.

So if for example the grouping info doesn't come through or it comes out of sequence, you initially end up with wrong states which "might" clean up when the next event from the master player shows up. Restarting the PI will for example cause that briefly as well.

There is always the option of capturing it all in a log file

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      Over the years, Sonos behavior of what events it generates when players are grouped has changed. Don't know it was by design or by mistake but it caused issues for the PI in the past. So it is possible that something changed w. R8.2.
      For your info: the way the PI works ....
      1/ once Sonos groups players, the "slave" players generate zero events.
      2/ when the PI notices that players are grouped, it builds up an internal table of who is master and which players are slaves
      3/ Any event received by the master, the PI will performs "fake" updates to all slaves.

So if for example the grouping info doesn't come through or it comes out of sequence, you initially end up with wrong states which "might" clean up when the next event from the master player shows up. Restarting the PI will for example cause that briefly as well.

There is always the option of capturing it all in a log file

Dirk
      I understand. I will keep testing to see if I find any pattern and will try to find another way to do speaker switching when the units are grouped.

I will post back here if I find anything pertinent.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
      X