www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old January 5th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Seer

Error log proliferation syndrome

Hello,
I have been running, for apparently many month with that issue, without noticing it. What triggered my interest is that My Zee2 almost dropped dead on me. It was losing devices, event were not running, no message in the log, sluggish interface...A real nightmare. While troubleshooting, I tried to replace my insteon.ini that was corrupted, and got a message from WinSCP that there was not enough memory left. Upon investigating, found that I had several hundreds of insteon error log in the config folder. Upon deleting them, everything went back to usual way. That is with several log entry like below. I went to see the error log in the config folder and its realy big. 2.8Mo. I had to zip it to post it on the forum... What to do next?

Jan-05 13:04:20

Insteon
** To request help with this problem please post this log file to theforum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.

Jan-05 13:04:20

Insteon
** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/Insteon Error Report.Log

Attached Files
File Type: zip Insteon Error Report 2018-01-05-13-04.zip (199.4 KB, 3 views)
Old January 5th, 2018, 03:18 PM
Insteon Overlord

in general , look at the logs to see what devices are generating the error and then investigate the setup of that device to make sure everything is good.

in this case "Salle de bain des maitres Salle bain M keypad (0C.8A.FC)" seems be causing the errors.

you might need to delete and recreate the device in the plugin.

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.23 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory
Old January 8th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Seer

Solved

Thank you Mark,
I did reset the culprit and reprogram the links, now everything seems fine. Odd enough, there were several broken links and some former group participation in the device.

This device is a known bad actor: It seize up after power outage and needs an air gap reset to come back to life. Can some insteon component be less reliable than other?

regards,
Old January 8th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Insteon Overlord

older i1 and i2 switches were less reliable, but those would be more than 5 years old. newer i2cs devices seem to be more reliable across the board. Everyone's mileage will vary

thanks for reporting back.