Alexa room access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Support will not be able to look into the missing devices issue until Mon.

In the meantime, if the V3 skill is not showing any devices, can you try this. It might give a clue.

From the tools menu select the Control Panel. In the text box enter:

&hs.debugmode=2048

This enables JSON logging. Now go into your Alexa app and discover your devices again. See if you see some JSON requests in the log like "getstatus". If you do, we know your account is linked to the proper skill and we can see how many devices it found. If the devices are listed there, then we know the skill itself is having an issue processing them. This information will give me a head start with the developer on Mon.
    thanks, it will get worked out.

Log shows:

Jan-21 3:39:07 PM Info Running immediate script: /tmp/K1.vb
    Jan-21 3:39:07 PM System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.debugmode=2048

but no getstatus.

Comment

I put HS in json debug mode. All devices are discovered,
      but they all show offline in browser (alexa.amazon.com).

Log attached.

Support will not be able to look into the missing devices issue until Mon.

In the meantime, if the V3 skill is not showing any devices, can you try this. It might give a clue.

From the tools menu select the Control Panel. In the text box enter:

&hs.debugmode=2048

This enables JSON logging. Now go into your Alexa app and discover your devices again. See if you see some JSON requests in the log like "getstatus". If you do, we know your account is linked to the proper skill and we can see how many devices it found. If the devices are listed there, then we know the skill itself is having an issue processing them. This information will give me a head start with the developer on Mon.
      Attached Files

Comment

This enables JSON logging. Now go into your Alexa app and discover your devices again.
        Here is what I got when I did the above trying to discover from the new V3 skill. The older skill was disabled at the time. This is on the 3.0.0.402 beta on Windows. I can see 24 devices when I enable the older skill and no devices with the new V3 skill.
        Last edited by rjh; January 22, 2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

V3 only requests devices that have the Voice Control checkbox checked in the device properties. Can you check this? I believe this was the same as the V2 skill though.

Originally posted by BrettS View Post
          Here is what I got when I did the above trying to discover from the new V3 skill. The older skill was disabled at the time. This is on the 3.0.0.402 beta on Windows. I can see 24 devices when I enable the older skill and no devices with the new V3 skill.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

V3 only requests devices that have the Voice Control checkbox checked in the device properties. Can you check this? I believe this was the same as the V2 skill though.
            I have 24 devices with that check box checked, which are the ones that the V2 skill can see. I don’t have any devices with a custom Voice Command name. Just for fun I tried to uncheck the Voice Command check box and check it again, but that made no difference. I also tried to give a device a custom voice command name, which also made no difference.

Of the 24 devices, 22 of them are HS-WS100+ or HS-WD100+ devices where only the child device has the Voice Command check box checked. One is the child device for a Linear Z-Wave garage door opener controller (which appears in the V2 skill, but doesn’t actually function) and one is just a dummy virtual device that I used with the V2 skill to trigger an event. None of these devices are discovered by the V3 skill.
            Last edited by BrettS; January 21, 2018, 07:21 PM.

Comment

This is odd, points to an issue with HS. Can you zip up and email me your HomeSeerData.hsd file in the data folder. Send it to rjh@home.....

I can then see why the json call is not returning any devices.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This is odd, points to an issue with HS. Can you zip up and email me your HomeSeerData.hsd file in the data folder. Send it to rjh@home.....

I can then see why the json call is not returning any devices.

Comment

I had to install HS beta to get the drvices discovered. For testing a made a group called bedroom and added a light switch that turns on a light.

When I say "Alexa lights on" it tell me there several devices with that name, but in reality I only added one device to that group. What am I missing here?
                  Hector
                  MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Here is a video of what can be done by making groups of lights directly in HS3 , and the new v3 API.

here is the link:

https://goo.gl/5qxB4q

I'll keep this link available for one week
                    Last edited by ; January 21, 2018, 09:14 PM.

Comment

What where your procedures to get it working?
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I wrote all what I know in this thread. I am not english so maybe it won't be cear.

Comment

Does the way you spell it matter when naming drvices?

If I have a device called Bedroom light and add this to a group can I only say "Lights on" or do I have to say "bedroom light off"?
                          Hector
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                            Does the way you spell it matter when naming drvices?

If I have a device called Bedroom light and add this to a group can I only say "Lights on" or do I have to say "bedroom light off"?
                            If you want to open or close a group of light . you can say both :
                            Turn on light ( if you are in that same room and if you did put the echo of that room in that same group)
                            or turn on living room .

The way you spell it does not matterr if it is in a group. But if you want to act on that particular device you will have to remember the particular name of this device.

Comment

Here are two pictures.

The frist one, this is the device view. It shows you that i added to alexa app a particular device ( ex: bathroom ceiling , and bathroom closet), and i added a device ( bathroom group) wich combine those two devices. Alexa sees this last one as a unique device, but in hs3 this device ( bathroom group) control the two devices (bathroom ceiling , and bathroom closet)

The second picture shows you a group view in the alexa app. Here you can see that i only put the '' bathroom group'' device . And you can see two echo: the first echo is in the bathroom, and the second one is in the laundry (closet) room next to it.

So when i say , when i am in the bathroom or in the laundry(closet) room, Alexa turn on light, it will turn on both bathroom ceiling light and the bathroom closet light .

Creating a device wich reflect more than one device ( grouping) direclty in hs3 has some advantages. Like you can see in my video:
                              When i say alexa turn on light , it will just turn on two lights : the living room ceiling light and the living room lamp light.
                              But when i say alexa turn of light , it will turn off all the 4 lights in my living room ( ceiling, lamp, desk, closet).

I can explain how to create a group of light in hs3 directly but not tonight . need to study ! lol
                              Last edited by ; March 22, 2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I can see in you pictures that your lights have bulb icons. On mine some have bulb and other have switch icons. Does that mean anything ?
                                Hector
                                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                                X