Unable to Connect thru MyHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Connect thru MyHS

For the past few weeks I have been unable to connect my LGG5 smartphone to HSTouch via MyHS. I either get an unable to connect error or (strangely) "connected but unable to communicate. Make sure your password is entered correctly." Then it will bring up the main screen, which is useless. And yes, I've checked the password.

Any suggestions?

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Update: Can't log in via web either

I just discovered that I cannot log in via the MyHS website, either. I get to the login screen, enter my credentials, and get the following error:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK Accept-Ranges: bytes Content-Length: 211 Cannot connect to system, might be offline.

However, I can log in locally (via my internal network). So the HSTouch server is not offline.

Any help appreciated.

Jim Speiser
    Still don't know squat

Comment

Check your username and password of your myHS user within the HS3 settings. Also ensure your myHS user account has admin + local and no other accounts have local.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Check your username and password of your myHS user within the HS3 settings. Also ensure your myHS user account has admin + local and no other accounts have local.

OK, so under the Network tab there's "Web/HS Touch User Settings". There is one Admin account, which contains my user name and password, and I believe this setting has to match the MyHS login, right? There's also a Test account with Normal access, and a Guest account that is set to No Access.

Then there is the MyHS Remote Control settings, and both boxes are checked.

Then there is the HS Touch settings: Enabled is checked. "Default Passcode for Protected Screens" is blank. The "Speaker Username" is my email address (and matches the MyHS login) and "Speaker Password" is populated as well, but I don't know with what, because there doesn't seem to be a way to CHECK a password without TYPING/CHANGING the password.

You can see where one might get a tad confused....?

Jim Speiser
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

Jim Speiser
          Still don't know squat

Comment

Hi Jim, did you find the solution? I'm trapped in the same situation after updating to HS4 Beta

Comment

I'm having trouble too.

I trialed HS4 for a while, and reverted back to HS3 due to HS4 being beta with too many issues. I was able to re-register the HS3 install license and can access my system via the MyHS service with a web browser, which gets directed to connected33.homeseer.com. But my Android and iOS devices using HSTouch can't login via MyHS. They can access HS via the LAN with the exact login credentials I try while accessing via MyHS when not on the LAN.

HSTouch on Android says "Bad Login or system(s) off line". And yes....I have checked the password and login details several times.

It's doing my head in.

M
              iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Hi, gang,

The specific problem I was writing about has long since just cleared up. I don't know that I did anything to fix it, which makes me suspect it was server-side.

However, I have a long-standing problem with HSTouch disconnecting itself. It logs in just fine, then about 5 to 10 minutes later, it simply drops the line. The app stays active, it just doesn't work. I get the following 5 entries in my HS3 log:
                May-06 12:49:48 PM HSTouch Server Warning Client dropped connection 192.168.1.37/39741
                May-06 12:49:48 PM HSTouch Server Client Android:Jim's LG G5 (192.168.1.37/39741) has raised LineDisconnected or was forced closed.
                May-06 12:49:48 PM Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CIC IP address: 192.168.1.37
                May-06 12:49:48 PM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
                May-06 12:49:48 PM HSTouch Server Client Android named Jim's LG G5 has DISCONNECTED.
                This can be overcome by going into HSTouch menu and selecting a connection type. And it lasts....for about 5 to 10 minutes, then drops the connection again. This has been going on for years, and I've posted about it somewhere, but so far, no love.

So yes but no.

Jim Speiser
                Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
                  Hi, gang,

The specific problem I was writing about has long since just cleared up. I don't know that I did anything to fix it, which makes me suspect it was server-side.
                  Same here. I haven't really changed anything. Yesterday when I tried HStouch Android client from outside of our LAN connected via MyHS it started working again. So I agree that it was a server side issue. Maybe the MyHS credentials were not copied across all the MyHS servers or something and eventually it caught up.

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

This is now happening to me, and has caused me countless hours of debugging in Designer that i didn't think were a connection issue. in deleting and reinstalling the HS Touch app on an android device, nothing i can do will log in, either through MyHS or Locally. I just keep getting these types of messages in the log.
                    May-26 5:07:02 PM Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: IP address:
                    May-26 5:07:02 PM HSTouch Server Error, Unable to connect speaker client interface: Not Authorized
                    May-26 5:07:02 PM Warning Speaker host connection refused from 192.168.1.193 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
                    May-26 5:07:02 PM HSTouch Server Connecting speaker client to HomeSeer IP 192.168.1.8
                    May-26 5:07:02 PM HSTouch Server Client Android (192.168.1.193/56123) named Lenovo test tablet has CONNECTED.
                    May-26 5:07:01 PM HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.1.193/56123

And on the android device, i just get the blue screen telling me this is only for users that have a license.

Are you guys all good now?

Comment

Tomgru Mine has been running fine for a while now. I didn't really do anything other than wait a week or so. My troubles started when I briefly experimented with HS4 and the went back to HS3, so slightly different than yours. Not sure how this all works behind the scenes.

Comment

Working...
                      X