This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgary View Post
    I don't see Rupp's installer... I have HS2 2.3.0.19 - What is the process? I upgraded to HS Pro but have not yet installed and would like for it to go without a hitch.
    I presume what is bring refferd to as "Rupp's Installer" is the very first post in this thread.
    That is the one problem I have with this board. For important information it should be STORED into a HOW-TO-DIRECTORY where no one else can post which only has this kind of information. Important kinds of How-To-Information get buried in the board's notes and it is REALLY hard to find. Sorry to vent but I think this would be helpful for everyone. - Gary
    The "How Too" directories can be foung at the bottom of the main message insex page. Unfortunately it is not updated enough with things like this. Perhaps Rupp would paste a copy of his "Installer" in it.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Thanks Gogs! That's the one place I did not look the very 1st message...dah..... I knew it was here!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiel View Post
        Upgraded from HS2 (2.3.0.19) to HS PRO (2.3.0.86)
        Rupps installer works great !

Here is what I did, and it worked perfectly.

- stop HS services/program
        - backed up HomeSeer 2 directory
        - ran Rupps installer
        - started services
        - registered HS PRO

All works well

THANKS RUPP !!

Best regards, Wiel
        That is exactly what I did. Done in 5 minutes without problem. Great job Rupp!

Now I assume when I want to get some of the HS plugins, I'll just go into updater and download them correct? I think I saw a post somewhere which stated that they will install as trials, but then they automatically switch to registered ones.

Marty

Comment

Originally posted by Czechmarty View Post
          Now I assume when I want to get some of the HS plugins, I'll just go into updater and download them correct? I think I saw a post somewhere which stated that they will install as trials, but then they automatically switch to registered ones.

Marty
          Apparently that is how it works.

I did it the harder way, as per HST's method and had to re-register most, therefore all showed registered. Rupp's sounds a lot simpler, if you are happy with the TRIAL for a bit.

I think whichever route you take it works. Just wish RUPP would post his way into the "How Too" forum rather than creating this thread when it works!
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

It looks like I spoke too soon...

My HSP is messed up.
            [1] Phones don't ring (Mute All Incoming Rings: is set to NO)
            [2] My call waiting announcements are no longer announced or they get announced into the primary phone call instead of external speakers
            [3] The LED keeps blinking even there is no new message

Anyone can help please??
            Marty

Edited:
            I should mention I'm running W2C driver #2.0.8.1
            Disregard the LED problem. It just take some time to get reset back to OFF.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Czechmarty; September 24, 2009, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Clarifications, please

Hello Rupp,

I am following (or rather trying to follow) your instructions for upgrading from HS2 to HSPRO and I would appreciate the following clarifications

Is it possible before installing PRO to rename the HS2 directory to reflect the change?

I have located the settings.ini in the backup but what is the config database I should be looking for? Is this the main file? And could it be located somewhere else like the main HomeSeer folder?

Please let me know.
              Best Regards
              JCT

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              [UPDATE]

• - Install this version changing the install location to your HomeSeer 2 directory (last location HomeSeer was installed to).
              • - If you were running a HomeSeer beta update to the same beta from the HomeSeer message board
              • - Copy over from you backup to the HomeSeer 2/config directory
                - config directory - Settings.ini file
                - config directory - config database

Comment

Czechmarty, you may need to add the following lines to your hsphone.ini file, in your case setting them to TRUE

enable_cid_name_generation=False
                enable_message_waiting_led=False

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
                  Czechmarty, you may need to add the following lines to your hsphone.ini file, in your case setting them to TRUE

enable_cid_name_generation=False
                  enable_message_waiting_led=False

TrOjAn
                  TrOjAn,
                  How will these two help with my problems described above? (Phones are not ringing and call waiting is not announced)?

Comment

Honestly, I have no idea, its just these were added in the latest beta, .129, I didnt know if they HAD to be in there for that sort of stuff to work, sorry, was just a thought.

TrOjAn

Comment

Check your log, are there any errors? Make sure the Way2Call device ID's are not 0 (for audio IN/OUT). Other than the settings Trojan posted, the Hi-Phone support is identical to HS2.

Originally posted by Czechmarty View Post
                      TrOjAn,
                      How will these two help with my problems described above? (Phones are not ringing and call waiting is not announced)?
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
                        Honestly, I have no idea, its just these were added in the latest beta, .129, I didnt know if they HAD to be in there for that sort of stuff to work, sorry, was just a thought.
                        TrOjAn
                        Don't be sorry TrOjAn. I'm glad you reply to this thread! I appreciate any thoughts to help me to get my HSP back and running.!

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        Check your log, are there any errors? Make sure the Way2Call device ID's are not 0 (for audio IN/OUT). Other than the settings Trojan posted, the Hi-Phone support is identical to HS2.
                        Rich,
                        No errors in log. How do I check the W2C device ID's?

Marty

Comment

Originally posted by jcterrier View Post
                          Hello Rupp,

I am following (or rather trying to follow) your instructions for upgrading from HS2 to HSPRO and I would appreciate the following clarifications

Is it possible before installing PRO to rename the HS2 directory to reflect the change?

I have located the settings.ini in the backup but what is the config database I should be looking for? Is this the main file? And could it be located somewhere else like the main HomeSeer folder?

Please let me know.
                          Best Regards
                          JCT
                          You can name your HS directory anything you wish, but remember any scripts, files, ini settings etc. which point to the original directory will also have to be changed. Also if you do not do a full install you will require to unregister and re-register all the plug-ins etc.

Simpler to leave it in the original directory.
                          sigpic

Comment

Seamless!

I purchased the HSPro upgrade. Now I just needed to install it...

I had become leery of all the posts about things breaking when following the beta-trail, so I stayed at 2.1.something. Things were working fine, and I didn't want to upset the apple cart by chasing betas.

I was really worried about making so far a jump to the latest HSPro. Rupp gave some advice to update to the latest release version of HS, then do the in-place upgrade to HSPro.

I made 3 separate backups of my HS directory, then with fear and trembling, hit the "Next" button on the update page to load the release version of HS. I then rebooted just to be sure any junk was flushed out, and started Homeseer.

I got quite a few messages that I expected and a "performing a one-time update" that took quite a while, but afterwards, the dreaded red text in the log page was nowhere to be found!

I let it run for a day, and everything seemed to work correctly. I ran events, checked all my plugins, and everything worked. The only difference was that my beloved "house" icon in the taskbar was replaced with a blue gear.

I then made another set of backups, and ran the updater found on the top of the first post in this thread. This too was seamless! No runs, no drips, no errors...

I've dinged on HS in the past for some issues in the past (the Touchpad plug-in, and the webcam plug-in, to name two), but this time you got things right.

Kudos for a seamless upgrade to HSPro!

Gayle Snedecor

Comment

Did Rupp's update.
                              Entered the HSPro license ID.
                              Plugin licenses are included now.
                              Next day I wanted to update mediaplayer plugin and add the jriver plugin
                              After install and reboot, HS did not start anymore.
                              Restored my backup of HS
                              did Rupp's update again
                              HS pro is running,
                              but licenses reflect to HS with their License ID numbers
                              How do I get the HSPro license back?
                              Or do I still have to see my old license numbers?
                              When I run the updater all HS plugins say included
                              Last edited by peterpc; October 3, 2009, 04:56 AM.
                              Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Open a helpdesk ticket and we will get this fixed.

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
                                Did Rupp's update.
                                Entered the HSPro license ID.
                                Plugin licenses are included now.
                                Next day I wanted to update mediaplayer plugin and add the jriver plugin
                                After install and reboot, HS did not start anymore.
                                Restored my backup of HS
                                did Rupp's update again
                                HS pro is running,
                                but licenses reflect to HS with their License ID numbers
                                How do I get the HSPro license back?
                                Or do I still have to see my old license numbers?
                                When I run the updater all HS plugins say included
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X