• Show
Clear All

SO - how many upgrades did HST sell?

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
      SO - how many upgrades did HST sell?
      Sir, I think a lot.

It was a good marketing move, do you not think? At this time of recession it brought coppers into the account.

An even better one if they are planning to go 100% Pro, and perhaps release a new version which is not an upgrade.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Well, I upgraded fine but now my Media Player says enabled but unregistered. Ultra 1 wire is on trial but can't see my 1wire things (MRB1Wire is fine). Don't see anything about webcams or HS Touch (I had it already. Wanted the iphone plugin). What did I miss?

Comment

That is weird. Which way did you do it John?
          Did you use Rupp's updater?
          What was the original version and what is your HSPro version?

Comment

That's obviously my problem. I just d/l the program from the downloads area and ran it.

Comment

Upgrade took 5 minutes and no hitches.

THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING AN UPDATER AND
              PROCEDURE THAT WORKED FLAWLESSLY!!!
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
              Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

HSPro reboots computer every 2 minutes

I just upgraded from HS2 to HSPro. I downloaded and installed HSPro. I started HSPro and downloaded all the plugins that I need. Restarted HSPro and copied over my Config, Scripts, and data folder. Copied over my db. Restarted HSPro and my computer restarts after 2 minutes. After the computer reboots, I do not start HSPro, the computer reboots. I remove HSPro ,restart the computer, and start HS2. The computer is stable. What gives? Running XPSP3 with 2GB RAM.

Update:
                After installing HSPro onto another system, I noticed the addition of HSSentry. Here is the log of the first computer:

12/10/2009 10:01:43 AM:HomeSeer 2 Sentry Service Started
                12/10/2009 10:15:42 AM:HomeSeer 2 Sentry Service Started
                12/10/2009 10:20:52 AM:HomeSeer 2 Sentry Service Started
                12/10/2009 10:34:16 AM:HomeSeer 2 Sentry Service Started
                12/10/2009 10:34:37 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:34:58 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:35:19 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:35:40 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:36:01 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:36:22 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:36:42 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:36:42 AM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...
                12/10/2009 10:41:10 AM:HomeSeer 2 Sentry Service Started
                12/10/2009 10:41:31 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:41:52 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:42:13 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:42:34 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:42:55 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:43:16 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:43:37 AM:Error accessing web server: Unable to connect to the remote server
                12/10/2009 10:43:37 AM:Cannot access HomeSeer, shutting down system and re-starting...
                12/10/2009 10:59:00 AM:HomeSeer 2 Sentry Service Started

It did not only restarted HSPro but the entire computer!
                Last edited by TotalVoice; October 12, 2009, 04:11 PM. Reason: New Info

Comment

Originally posted by TotalVoice View Post
                  ... Restarted HSPro and my computer restarts after 2 minutes. ...
                  See this thread on how to manage and configure HSSentry.
                  http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ghlight=sentry
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Note also that HSSentry was using "localhost". On some computers, localhost is not resolving to the local computer. The latest update (2.3.0.129 and later) have a new HSSentry that uses the computers actual IP address. You may need this new version.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      Note also that HSSentry was using "localhost". On some computers, localhost is not resolving to the local computer. The latest update (2.3.0.129 and later) have a new HSSentry that uses the computers actual IP address. You may need this new version.
                      Rich, could you possibly make the IP address a settable parameter in HSSentry?

The reason being, I have 4 IP addresses on my HSPRO XP machine. "about HS" shows all four, but picks the wrong one for the HS address. It should pick the LAN ethernet interface address, but usually picks either one of the VMware interfaces (HSPRO NOT running in VMWare) or bluetooth network interface.

I am concerned that HSSentry may not get it's pings back if HS PRO determines and uses the non-LAN ethernet a IP address.

Being able to set it would cover all bases.

Thanks,

Phil

Comment

I added an INI setting:

SentryIP

Set this to the IP address you want the Sentry to check. This change will be in 2.3.0.136 or later updaters.

I also now write the IP its using the sentry log file so you can check which IP its using.

-Rich

Originally posted by psampson View Post
                        Rich, could you possibly make the IP address a settable parameter in HSSentry?

The reason being, I have 4 IP addresses on my HSPRO XP machine. "about HS" shows all four, but picks the wrong one for the HS address. It should pick the LAN ethernet interface address, but usually picks either one of the VMware interfaces (HSPRO NOT running in VMWare) or bluetooth network interface.

I am concerned that HSSentry may not get it's pings back if HS PRO determines and uses the non-LAN ethernet a IP address.

Being able to set it would cover all bases.

Thanks,

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          I added an INI setting:

SentryIP

Set this to the IP address you want the Sentry to check. This change will be in 2.3.0.136 or later updaters.

I also now write the IP its using the sentry log file so you can check which IP its using.

-Rich
                          Brilliant! Thanks Rich, this will now make the sentry HS ping IP completely flexible.

I was wondering if there might be a secondary way for testing HS is alive in addition to the web server because very occassionally my HSPRO .86 will have a "sorry HSPRO needs to close" pop-up widow and HSsentry does not restart the system as though it is getting a response from HSPRO web server even though events seem to have stopped processing.

best regards,

Phil

Comment

INI files?

Rich,
                            Is there a document that would describe all the ini files (Setting.ini, HSPhone.ini, any other I don't know about.. ) with all the settings and switches? That might answer a lot of questions scattered thru this board.
                            Thanks!
                            Marty

Comment

So I'm about to upgrade my HS 2.3.0.52 to HSPro. Seems like there were a few methods floating around on the process of upgrading. Can someone give me guidance on the best way to upgrade the current version I am on? (2.3.0.52). I'd like to stay with this version when I upgrade to HSPRO. Any insight or pitfalls to watch for????

Is the OP the most current method of upgrading to HSPRO??

Comment

Ok the hspro updater worked great. HSPRO is not yet registered (i have 26 days left)

However i need to roll back to my old nonpro version!!! HOW do i do this????

Reason: I am getting a HS troller for a rental we have and i want to use the HSPRO i already paid for on there special they had last month. I had installed this version of HSPRO on my old pc here at home but it is not yet registered.

I don't think rolling back is hard i just don't know how. I went to Homeseer updates and Pro is the only choice now.

Thanks DJ

P.S. Of course if they gave me the same special they had last month on my new troller i would take that LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X