Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinect triggers - do not fire if one kinect not connected

Hello,

Now I have a second remote kinect working, I have been updating my event triggers to fire if the phrase is heard on the second kinect.

However, I have found that if one of the kinects is not connected, the event is not triggered. The phrase is being recognised correctly as I can see this in the logs.

Is this expected behaviour? I hope not as it means I have to create multiple copies of each such event.

Cheers.

I don't have that issue and most of my events have 4 Kinect's in them - My guess, taker a look at the even and make sure you selected OR and not the AND operation for the Kinect triggers - It defaults to AND, you need to select the drop down and select OR.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.

Just double-checked and they are set to OR triggers.

My two kinects are remote. Do you have a local kinect running? I wonder if this could be the issue. I am on HS3 build 152.

Comment

Ahhh, interesting.

I have just created a new event whilst both kinects were connected, with a trigger phrase for each and that works ok with one disconnected.

So I think it's events that were created when I only had one kinect that are the issue. When I add a second kinect trigger to these events, they will not trigger with one kinect disconnected.

Comment

ok, could you tell me the exact steps I would need to follow to try to replicate this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            ok, could you tell me the exact steps I would need to follow to try to replicate this problem?
            Ok, I've been investigating a bit further as some events were triggering and some weren't.
            I created a series of test events and found the circumstances where the event is not triggered.

It depends on the order of the "IF Kinect Trigger..." in the event.
            I have 2 remote kinects and if the only connected kinect is the second trigger action i.e. "OR IF", then the event is not triggered.

For example, say kinects are called A and B.
            Event1:
            IF Kinect Trigger-A Phrase is Test
            OR IF Kinect Trigger-B Phrase is Test
            Then
            Action1

Event2:
            IF Kinect Trigger-B Phrase is Another Test
            OR IF Kinect Trigger-A Phrase is Another Test
            Then
            Action2

If Kinect A is the only one connected, then only Event1 works.
            If Kinect B is the only one connected, then only Event2 works.

Both events work fine on each Kinect when both Kinects are kinnected (sp! couldn't resist :-))

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
              Ok, I've been investigating a bit further as some events were triggering and some weren't.
              I created a series of test events and found the circumstances where the event is not triggered.

It depends on the order of the "IF Kinect Trigger..." in the event.
              I have 2 remote kinects and if the only connected kinect is the second trigger action i.e. "OR IF", then the event is not triggered.

For example, say kinects are called A and B.
              Event1:
              IF Kinect Trigger-A Phrase is Test
              OR IF Kinect Trigger-B Phrase is Test
              Then
              Action1

Event2:
              IF Kinect Trigger-B Phrase is Another Test
              OR IF Kinect Trigger-A Phrase is Another Test
              Then
              Action2

If Kinect A is the only one connected, then only Event1 works.
              If Kinect B is the only one connected, then only Event2 works.

Both events work fine on each Kinect when both Kinects are kinnected (sp! couldn't resist :-))

Cheers,
              John
              I think I found the problem, I will fix it asap.
              Thank you for the investigation.

Comment

That's good news, thanks.

Comment

should be fixed in version 3.0.0.23 available here
                  please test and let me know

Comment

That seems to have fixed it. Working ok now on events so far, when one is disconnected.

Thanks for the prompt fix.

Comment

Working...
                    X