www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Thermostat / HVAC Plug-ins > Thermostat / HVAC Discussion

Old March 31st, 2015, 02:58 AM
Seer Deluxe

Heatit Underfloor Controller

Anyone know if Homeseer supports the HeatIt Underfloor thermostat:
http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-heatit-thermostat-black

Cheers
Scott
Old March 31st, 2015, 09:49 AM
OverSeer

Well it looks like it has been certified http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1234 so I think that is a reasonable start albeit no guarantee. Not seen anyone mention them here so you might have to just get one and see...I am going to do the same with the Qubino thermostats but at least you get a years return from that site which should give you time to get it supported if not.
Old March 31st, 2015, 10:15 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappy View Post
Well it looks like it has been certified http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1234 so I think that is a reasonable start albeit no guarantee. Not seen anyone mention them here so you might have to just get one and see...I am going to do the same with the Qubino thermostats but at least you get a years return from that site which should give you time to get it supported if not.
I have just ordered one, so hopefully will update at the weekend!

Cheers
Scott
Old April 6th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRennie View Post
I have just ordered one, so hopefully will update at the weekend!

Cheers
Scott
Not a great start - Thermostat is z-Wave Plus which doesn't seem to work with an Aeon Labs series 2 USB zstick - does anyone know if that is true; ZW+ not backwards compatible with ZW??

If thats correct - is there a compatible controller in the UK?

Scott
Old April 6th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRennie View Post
Not a great start - Thermostat is z-Wave Plus which doesn't seem to work with an Aeon Labs series 2 USB zstick - does anyone know if that is true; ZW+ not backwards compatible with ZW??

If thats correct - is there a compatible controller in the UK?

Scott
I was thinking of getting these to replace our 2 standard electric underfloor thermostats. What are the specific issue(s) with the Aeon Stick?

As I understand it ZW+ devices should be backward compatible. I wonder if the thermostat is using something that is specific to ZW+.

Are you adding it by taking the stick to the device or through the HS add node function?

Paul..
Old April 7th, 2015, 03:14 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooty View Post
I was thinking of getting these to replace our 2 standard electric underfloor thermostats. What are the specific issue(s) with the Aeon Stick?

As I understand it ZW+ devices should be backward compatible. I wonder if the thermostat is using something that is specific to ZW+.

Are you adding it by taking the stick to the device or through the HS add node function?

Paul..
Hi Paul
I tried both - adding using HS and adding directly to the z-stick. I emailed Vesternet and will let you know what they say.

Scott
Old April 7th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Seer Deluxe

Vesternet have confirmed that the ZW+ is backwards compatible so it all should work.

I'll try again at the weekend
  • Factory reset Thermostat
  • Exclude before Include
  • Try my backup z-stick
I'll let you know how I get on

Scott
Old April 21st, 2015, 03:26 AM
Seer Deluxe

OK, this device doesn't work with an Aeon Labs Z-Wave Z-Stick Series 2 USB Dongle. I have tried two and neither will include using this controller.

I tried including via Homeseer and directly to the controller. but no luck.

Cheers
Scott
Old August 6th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Seer

It works with the Aeotec Gen 5 stick, I've just set it up with one - everything works fine on it except that you can't set the temperature on the heatit via Homeseer - it says it has set it but when you go to the heatit it has set the temperature back to 5 degrees, but everything else seems to work on it and Homeseer reads the tmperature that you set on the heatit fine - I'm hoping theres a work around for it.
Old November 13th, 2015, 04:59 PM
Seer Deluxe

Anyone made any progress getting this to work. Its not particularly useful if you cannot set the setpoint.
Old November 16th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Viewer

Reading and setting Heat and ECO setpoints

Select root Device of the HeatIt/ThermoFloor Multireg Z-Wave thermostat
Select z-wave tab
Expand Settings
Set Parameter to: 10 Value: Empty Value size: Auto, Push Set button
Current set Heat temp is returned in Value Field.

If Parameter is set to 11 ECO setpoint is returned

To change a setpoint enter a Value between 50-400 (5,0'C...40,0'C), select Parameter: 10 for Heat CO or 11 for ECO, Value size: 2 Bytes, Push Set button

Hope Homeseer can do an fix in z-wave driver so we can set it from Device Control ;-)
Old November 16th, 2015, 08:14 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksor View Post
Select root Device of the HeatIt/ThermoFloor Multireg Z-Wave thermostat
Select z-wave tab
Expand Settings
Set Parameter to: 10 Value: Empty Value size: Auto, Push Set button
Current set Heat temp is returned in Value Field.

If Parameter is set to 11 ECO setpoint is returned

To change a setpoint enter a Value between 50-400 (5,0'C...40,0'C), select Parameter: 10 for Heat CO or 11 for ECO, Value size: 2 Bytes, Push Set button

Hope Homeseer can do an fix in z-wave driver so we can set it from Device Control ;-)
Did you put in a feature request via Bugzilla? If not the developers will most likely never know about this request.
Old November 17th, 2015, 01:37 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
Did you put in a feature request via Bugzilla? If not the developers will most likely never know about this request.
The issue with setpoints on various European thermostats has been discussed in this thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=177050&page=3

I also submitted a Bugzilla on this and contacted Rich directly so "the developers" are aware of the issue.

Even though I explained what the issue is, it appears that it cannot be fixed without someone donating a thermostat, presumably one of each type that suffers the same issue.

Paul..
Old February 10th, 2016, 05:26 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

I now have one of the HeatIt thermostats, but I cannot get it to add or remove from a network. Is there a trick? I hold down the center button for 10 seconds, then the down button until it says "Con", then hold down the center button for 2 seconds. The display spins then displays "Err". I have an EU Z-Stick and I know it works okas I can add other EU devices.

website | products | support | youtube
Old February 10th, 2016, 05:57 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Got it to add, it only adds to a 500 series controller. The setpoint issue is fixed in Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.61.

Last edited by rjh; February 11th, 2016 at 09:03 AM.
Old February 11th, 2016, 02:52 AM
Seer

Great news that you have fixed setpoint issue.. I have aprox 15 of these thermostats A new sw from the vendor will add feature to read powerconsumption as well.
Old July 8th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Seer Deluxe

Temperature Rising

Hi Guys I have the HeatIt Thermostat from Vesternet.
I have a AeonGen5 ZStick and HS3 and add devices via HS3.
I am using the latest Z-Wave Plugin.

I have no problems with SetPoint but my temperatures do not correspond correctly.

So My Heatit says 25.1C (its setpoints 11 and 6)
In HS3 temperature says 27.2C
and I get the following in the night time with no heating??

I have set the unit to read the FLOOR sensor 'F' only - any ideas what is going on? Thanks

Jul-08 22:23:47 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 27.2 (C)
Jul-08 22:10:45 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 27.1 (C)
Jul-08 21:57:46 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 27 (C)
Jul-08 21:49:07 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 26.9 (C)
Jul-08 21:44:48 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 26.8 (C)
Jul-08 21:40:28 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 26.7 (C)
Jul-08 21:36:08 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 26.6 (C)
Jul-08 21:31:49 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 26.5 (C)
Jul-08 21:27:29 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 26.4 (C)
TouchServer, RFXCom, Z-Wave, GlobalCachePro, NetCam
Envisalink, NEST, Kodi, EasyTrigger, FaceRecognition, Kinect
SONOS, weatherXML, PushOver, BLLAN, BLBackup, CurrentCost3P, PHLocation
ASPXloader, BatteryMonitor, DeviceList, EventList, Links, Grouping, IniEditor, IPupdate, RSS, FileGrabber

Old July 8th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeycoles View Post
Hi Guys I have the HeatIt Thermostat from Vesternet.
I have a AeonGen5 ZStick and HS3 and add devices via HS3.
I am using the latest Z-Wave Plugin.

I have no problems with SetPoint but my temperatures do not correspond correctly.

So My Heatit says 25.1C (its setpoints 11 and 6)
In HS3 temperature says 27.2C
and I get the following in the night time with no heating??

I have set the unit to read the FLOOR sensor 'F' only - any ideas what is going on? Thanks

Jul-08 22:23:47 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 27.2 (C)
Jul-08 22:10:45 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 27.1 (C)
Jul-08 21:57:46 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 27 (C)
Jul-08 21:49:07 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 26.9 (C)
Jul-08 21:44:48 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 26.8 (C)
Jul-08 21:40:28 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 26.7 (C)
Jul-08 21:36:08 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 26.6 (C)
Jul-08 21:31:49 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 26.5 (C)
Jul-08 21:27:29 Z-Wave Device: Ensuite Z-Wave HeatIt Temperature Set to 26.4 (C)
I have 2 of those units set up the same way with floor sensor only and they are working fine in all respects. My heat it displays are perfectly in sync with HS3.

The log entries you see are the floor temp values updating. I have these all the time as the temperature fluctuates even if the heating is off.

Jul-08 07:09:18 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.3 (C)
Jul-08 06:03:23 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.2 (C)
Jul-08 05:41:21 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.3 (C)
Jul-08 05:36:57 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.2 (C)
Jul-08 03:55:52 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.3 (C)
Jul-08 03:51:27 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.4 (C)
Jul-08 03:42:39 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.3 (C)
Jul-08 03:33:50 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.4 (C)
Jul-08 03:29:26 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.3 (C)
Jul-08 03:25:02 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.4 (C)
Jul-08 03:16:13 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.3 (C)
Jul-08 03:11:53 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.4 (C)
Jul-08 03:07:29 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.3 (C)
Jul-08 01:57:05 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.4 (C)
Jul-08 01:52:41 Z-Wave Device: ZW-Appliance Bathroom Bathroom UFH (Floor Temp) Set to 22.5 (C)

Can't understand why the displayed value is different to that being sent to HS though.

One other little frustration with these devices in HS3 is that IMO there should be another child device for relay status. Currently the relay status is updated within the root device.

Paul..
Old July 8th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Super Seer

Another thought...

Have you checked the actual floor temperature against both the HS and display values to see if either is correct?

I know you can calibrate the displayed temp against the actual floor temp but not sure if it sends the displayed (calibrated) value to HS or the (pre calibrated value).

So in summary: Is it possible that the floor temp is actually 27.2 and not 25.1?

Paul..
Old January 27th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Seer Deluxe

How do you tell if the Heatit is on or off??

Does anyone know if there is a way to determine if one of these Thermostats has actually just switched on or off? The mode setting stays as 'Heat' and does not change whilst the controller is switching on or off as it adjusts to the floor temperature.

The problem I have is that I have 3 (6 amp mats) originally connected to a Warmup thermostat, but only discovered that most controllers cannot run more than 16 Amps, after my floor had been installed. This meant that I had an overload error when the mats were first connected which meant having to wire in a second controller in close proximity to the 1st one. Unfortunately there was no way to add a floor heat sensor to the 2nd controller.

This was fine for the Warmup 'dumb' controller because the first controller can trigger an on relay signal (via a wired connection) to the second controller so that they stay in sync.

My plan was to change the Warmup 'dumb' controllers to Heatit Z-Wave controllers but there doesn't appear to be a simple way for one controller to switch on the 2nd, based on whether it just switched on or not.

This would seem like a major flaw in the design? Warmup included the relay trigger for obvious reasons.
You would assume that the Heatit controller would report whether it was heating i.e. On or off surely??? Not just its current mode.