Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does TTS with Squeezebox Plugin not work on HS6 running HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using a new HS6 Standard with 4GB of RAM, as below:

Current Date/Time: 1/6/2016 2:27:31 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.208
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
    System Uptime: 1 Day 22 Hours 24 Minutes 6 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.11
    Number of Devices: 184
    Number of Events: 50

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.89: HSTouch Server
    3.0.0.11: NetCAM
    1.0.0.2: Restart
    3.0.0.21: Sonos
    3.1.3.2: SqueezeBox
    3.0.1.0: ThinkingCleaner
    3.0.1.54: Z-Wave

I am running:
    purchased version of the Squeezebox PI.
    LMS version 7.7.5 (stock configurations) on this same HS6 server.
    SqueezeLite Clients on Raspberry PIs (PiCorePlayer v1.191 https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home/news very cool stuff and they have my donations
    All Players have speak volume maxed.
    I play music all day long and that works well. HS and the SB PI can control the squeezelite players for track selection, volume, etc.

The pdf that you created is great and better than most; however, there are some typos in the sections that have code samples. This isn't good, and I am getting syntax errors.

In the pdf, you have:
    hs. Speak "hello", False, LMS:Player 1

However, I know that it should at least be changed to:
    hs.Speak "hello", False, LMS:Player 1

I am still getting a syntax error. The name of my server is hometroller and not LMS, so mine reads:
    hs. Speak "hello", False, hometroller:*

When I enter this in the control panel Immediate Script Command section, I get in the log file:

Jan-06 14:38:56 Error Running script(2) &hs.Speak "hello, test, test, one, two, three", False, hometroller:*, init error: Syntax error

Also, no changes happen in the playlist of the squeezelite players.

If I run the following instead
    &hs.Speak "hello, test, test, one, two, three", False, hometroller:*

then the following happens:

C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\SqueezeBox\SpeakIn_8.mp3
    and
    C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\SqueezeBox\SpeakIn_8.wav
    are created

The playlist for my squeezelite player is amended with
    http://192.168.1.11/Squeezebox/SpeakIn_8.mp3
    appearing below the Pandora listing.

The audio on the squeezelite player goes silent.
    Every connected speaker client (phone, HS table unit, etc.) speaks the TTS.

Eventually, the listing in the squeezelite player playlist for the .mp3 file disappears and the music resumes.

The files in the
    C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\SqueezeBox
    directory aren't removed. They just stay there until I manually delete them.

I have noticed something interesting. If I add the
    directory as a music location in LMS, I can see the audio files in the LMS media browser and play the .mp3 files. The wave files aren't able to be played by my squeezelite players (just silence), but the mp3's play fine.

If I add that
    to the TuneIn menu in the LMS media control, it errors out and doesn't play on the squeezelite player

I've attached the configuration in the SqueezeBox PI menus in the form of screenshots.

Please tell me how to work through this. I have already purchased two copies of your plug in, one for my lab and one that is installed at a customer site. I have the TTS working with Sonos as well via the (free) Sonos PI. That was only about 10 minutes to set up. I have been struggling with this PI for several days to no avail.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

I am interested in this as well since I have the same exact problem. I am running on a regular computer though versus the S6.

I tried getting this to work months ago and gave up. I have a raspberry PI I am using as a squeezebox lite which works perfectly for music, but TTS has the same affect as you mention above.

Comment

I suggest you try the following to better understand the issue:

1) try playing the mp3 file with windows media layer or other player. can you hear the text you were trying to speak?

2) if above worked, try playing the same mp file in LMS either via the url or copy the mp3 file into your LMS library. can you hear the text you were trying to speak? If yes, it might some connection issue where LMS cannot stream the file. If no, i would look at the LMS configuration to speak these mp3 files. It could be that in the LMS server or player client, codex are not there or these type of mp3 files have issues.

So try this first to narrow it down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rhardcore View Post
        I have noticed something interesting. If I add the
        directory as a music location in LMS, I can see the audio files in the LMS media browser and play the .mp3 files. The wave files aren't able to be played by my squeezelite players (just silence), but the mp3's play fine.

If I add that
        to the TuneIn menu in the LMS media control, it errors out and doesn't play on the squeezelite player

See OP. I've done that. I can play the files from any web browser on the network. If I play them through the LMS like a normal mp3 file, they play fine.

It seems to be a way the path is being sent to the players.

Comment

I will need to think about that one a bit more over the weekend.

Comment

I was also able to do the same. Play the sound by the link in IE. Also I see the antenna icon in LMS when it should play and then goes back to music. If you need something else from me please let me know

Comment

Same problem with Squeezebox plugin

Hi all!
              I have exactly the same problems with the Squeezebox plugin.
              I have used many hours to try to google abouth this to no avail, so I really hope you guys have some solution!
              I have 5 squeezeboxes around the house. They plays music and everything else is working, as descibed in this thread.
              If I can do any testing, please let me know!

Comment

Updates?

Hello, again. Any updates?

Thank you,
                Raymond

Comment

I spent some time in the morning to attempt to reproduce it but no luck. I plan to look a bit further into it tonight. Could one of you try the following: copy a mp3 song that you know works fine in LMS to the HS3 server into the plugin folder in the hs3 html directory and then play the song by streaming it in the LMS via the hs3 url. Trying to determine if it is the type of m3 file of the hs3 streaming...

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                    copy a mp3 song that you know works fine in LMS to the HS3 server into the plugin folder in the hs3 html directory
                    Complete. Copied.

and then play the song by streaming it in the LMS via the hs3 url.
                    Complete. Works. Played fine both on the HS3 directly and in LMS over to the listening squeezelite player. (remember that HS3 and LMS are on the same server for me)

Trying to determine if it is the type of m3 file of the hs3 streaming...
                    I think you may be on to something. I can play this mp3 I just used anywhere. I can play it in LMS by having it in the media folder library and selecting the song. I can also play it by doing the TuneIn http:// streaming.

However, the mp3 that the SB PI TTS creates can only be played by LMS when I drop it into the media folder library and select the file inside LMS. The TuneIn streaming doesn't work.

Thanks,
                    Raymond

Comment

Thanks this helps. I tried to reproduce it again last night without success. On which hardware and os is LMS running? Here i have it on Windows and ReadyNAS.

Comment

I will also see if i can create the mp3 file using different formats

Comment

Thanks this helps. I tried to reproduce it again last night without success. On which hardware and os is LMS running? Here i have it on Windows and ReadyNAS.

Personally here, I haven't chimed in too much because my replication is identical to the issue above.

I have my LMS installed on the same machine as HS (but previously when I tried this and failed they were separate). Tried this on both server 2012 and currently I am on windows 10.

Comment

It is a standard Hometroller HS6 by HomeSeer. They are windows 7 embedded, 32 bit. Celeron processors. I am running 4 GB of RAM. It was the same story when I was running on Windows 8 64 bit VM, though. I've only been able to reproduce the behavior I see on various platforms. Ive actually never been able to get it to work. Perhaps you could try on a VM setup similar to what we all have. Vanilla install with just the HomeSeer, your plugin and LMS. That would ensure you don't actually have some other enabling technology running that we are all missing.

Comment

Can one of you post a (small) mp3 file that does not work? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X