www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old December 27th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Seer

Self Healing

Is there a way to have the plugin be self healing to network issues. Here is my issue. My HomeSeer Server is on a UPS and in the back of the basement. My Insteon hub is not an a UPS and in the living room. If power goes out then HomeSeer always shows there is a communication issue with the plugin and never reconnects till i disable and reneable the plugin.

This same thing happens when there is issues with the network between them. If i reboot one of the switches between them again plugin shows the unable to communicate error. Even on rare instance of high LAN traffic i still get the same issue.
Old December 27th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Insteon Overlord

with the latest beta, there are event actions for enabling and disabling the plugin. you can trigger them based on your own logic. this should help.

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.23 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory