www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > Z-NET

Z-NET Discussions about HomeSeer's Z-NET IP-Enabled Z-Wave Interface

Old May 19th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Seer Deluxe

Upgrade request: Zee-S2 to act as a Z-Net setting

Please HomeSeer, add the ability to set the boot mode on a Zee-S2 to act as a Z-Net after rebooting so it would only run in one mode at a time.

I would think this would be easy since it's my understanding that the hardware is the same.
Old May 19th, 2017, 12:17 PM
OverSeer

Z-Net is an official custom product offered by Homeseer. I am not sure that Homeseer wants to include said product with the Homeseer-S2.

Z-Net works great with both Windows and Linux versions of Homeseer and it is very plug n play.

Many users have DIY'd there own Z-Net like devices. Have a search here on the forum. It is not plug n play.

You have to know a bit of Linux to do this.

I did similar but my setup is only Linux to Linux today and works great.

Main Homeseer boxes are in the basement here. Remote Z-Wave RPi is POE connected in the attic and now also a 1-wire hub. Remote X10 and UPB also work with the same device, USB to serial cables and PIMs.

Name:  zwave.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  12.9 KB

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite
Edition Beta 3.0.0.383 | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins