X-10 Pro Tech Support is the WORST EVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-10 Pro Tech Support is the WORST EVER

I have a problem with my X-10 Pro Touch-Tone Controller ( Model PHC06 ). Or at least I think so. Let me start with the items that I have.

1. X-10 Pro Touch-tone Controller Model PHC06
    2. RCS (Residential Control Systems Inc.) Model TXB16, X10 powerline Communicating Thermostat.
    3. Three Lamp Modules.
    4. One phone line.

This is my problem that I tried to get help with from tech-support.
    When I call my house from a touch-tone phone the controller answers and enables me to dial in my security code and send X-10 commands (off/on) to the lamp modules and allows me to go into the Heat mode and set the temp. on my thermostat, all works well. But if the house phone rings the thermostat will go to the Auto/heat mode, temp 75* without the X-10 Pro Controller answering or security code. I have tried all 16 house codes and sill the same. So I called RCS tech support and the person told me that the problem is in the Phone controller and suggested that maybe I should upgrade to a sensaphone model 400. The next call was to X-10. A woman answered the phone and I described my problem to her. I tried to list the items that I have as will as the X-10 Pro Controller. She became very rued and cut me off several times. After several attempts to state my problem it was clear that she could not be bothered with me or my problem. Lastly I told her that I was not here to argue with her! Then bang the phone went dead! I tried to call back after a few mins. In hope of getting someone else and no one would answer.

Please help

Late comment, but:
    The PHC06 Telephone Responder has been out of production for a decade. I doubt X10 customer service even knows what it is. Maybe that is why she kept cutting you off. Did you try unplugging PHC06 from power /phone line and batteries? (Can't remember if Telephone Responder had batteries for clock or not)

Comment

If you have Homeseer with HSPhone, you can do virtually anything using voice commands. Throw the T-Responer into the trash.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        Throw the T-Responer into the trash.
        Hey! Hey! Easy now...those old seven segment LED clocks have antique value.

Comment

Working...
        X