www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Telephone,Text and Email Plug-ins > Telephone,Text and Email Integration Discussion

Old February 22nd, 2017, 04:42 PM
Seer

Stringify Integration

Just wondering if there is any interest/plans to integrate Homeseer with Stringify.

https://www.stringify.com/

To me it is like IFTTT except a million times better and fast.

Multi-condition flows and mult-condition actions.

Plus it gives additional non-native/plug in enabled device integration to Homeseer.

I current have hobbled together partial integration in order to take advantage of an old wink hub and a newly installed Wink Relay.

I sideloaded the APK of HSTouch to the relay but it left with me without the ability to control the two buttons on the relay.

I was able to create a virtual device in HS that when turned ON/OFF it sends an email to a Gmail account. I then created a filter inside Gmail to add a specific label based of the subject of the email sent by HS. Stringify lets me create a flow that is triggered with a certain Label in Gmail.

So even with all the work around, there is only a small 1-2 second delay to get it to respond

See link below for picture of my Relay.

http://imgur.com/WYd4wlE

If it had full integration like IFTTT then I think it could be a powerfull tool for Homeseer and much faster than IFTTT.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 08:31 PM
Seer Master

Likely this will work with Spud's IFTTT plugin. That utilizes dropbox to interface between IFTTT and HS and was released prior to homeseer becoming a channel on IFTTT. It works well with IFTTT (sometimes better than the official channel according to some.)

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.318) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links
Old February 22nd, 2017, 10:07 PM
Seer

Time to look into that.

Still would love actual integration.