Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phantom X10 signals

Hello - hope someone can help.

Just set-up my Homeseer on a new PC last week and notice some odd X10 commands in the log file - see below.

7/12/02 10:23:37 AM~!~X10 Received~!~ L All Lights On
    7/12/02 10:23:37 AM~!~X10 Received~!~L14 (?) L On

Can some one tell me what's going on ? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Line noise, collisions in RF, collisions on the power line. Normal stuff, all X-10 systems have it to varying degrees.

Nucleus Home Automation
    News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

... or a neighbor with X10 PLC devices... it does take a bit to have "noise" create what is seen as a legitimate X10 signal, such as the two that you posted.

The fact that they came in back-to-back, would make for some pretty unique noise to run the full bit pattern that it takes to build those two commands. I'd guess that either you or a neighbor have a device sending those commands.

(see profile for environment)

Comment

At least at my house, those are common results for a collision, and back-to-back is the most common way those collisions happen. And I am sure I don't have a neighbor doing X-10. (Though I see them on M more often than L.)

Frankly that particular combination seems far more unlikely to be a neighbor -- what neighbor is going to do an All Lights On and then another on within the same housecode within the space of a single second? How *could* you do that even if you wanted to?

My guess is the OP recently put some RF motion detectors in.

Nucleus Home Automation
        News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

I'm sure you're right, then, Hunter.

I don't get collisions too often any more (since getting rid of the RF stuff), so I guess I've forgotten what a collision looks like. I'll buy the RF idea to be sure.

Personally, I've seen a sudden increase in mysterious signals of late - some of which do not even show up in the HS logs - and I'm wondering if the idea of relating it to heat / AC / lowered voltage has merit.

Time to get that meter I kept saying I'd get... but never got because the problem always turned out to be a motor or flourescent light or surge strip.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

(see profile for environment)

Comment

Working...
          X