This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer locking up after using C-Max software

I shut down HS to test a couple of things using the CMax controlling software. I then shutdown CMax and relaunch HS. As soon as the initializing Infrared Interface goes away and initializing IO interface displays on the HS startup screen the computer locks up. Anyone else witnessed this?

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Same symptom - PC screen, mouse, keyboard freezes. I've not pinpointed it yet as sometimes it freezes overnight.

Comment

dpriest,

This is interesting! You say it hangs sometimes at night, so perhaps you could say it is a random problem? Have you disconnected or removed the OCelot OCX control interface, and does this cause the problem to go away?

I have been having problems with HS hanging for a long time. I have not been suspicious of the Ocelot though.

regards, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

GenevaDude

Comment

Rupp,
        I am testing HomeSeer utilization. Try keeping the View->Options window open in HomeSeer and see if you get longer run times. (See my thread in Beta -> Lockups)

When the Options window is open, HS processor utilization drops to zero. I don't know if it is a long term solution or even if it helps, but processor utilization goes way up for me if the window is closed.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

I haven't had this problem since I upgraded my CMAX software.

-Rupp
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I finally solved my problem by installing a new 4 port serial card from http://www.softio.com/map950pciquad1...dplexcable.htm

It's been running for 4 days without locking up.

I had previously tried a Belkin USB to serial as well as a LavaLink 2 port, and both eventually locked up - mouse freezing. I tried them on 98SE, XP, and XP Pro.

dp

Comment

Working...
            X