Alarm Link Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm Link Problem

I set up a simple event to trigger when an alarm starts in a particular room to link that room to another room so both will be playing (in case they are not currently linked).

The event triggers fine and the second location starts playing but then drops off after a few seconds and only the original room with the alarm set continues. I don't see any errors in the log so not sure how to troubleshoot this?

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
    I set up a simple event to trigger when an alarm starts in a particular room to link that room to another room so both will be playing (in case they are not currently linked).

The event triggers fine and the second location starts playing but then drops off after a few seconds and only the original room with the alarm set continues. I don't see any errors in the log so not sure how to troubleshoot this?
    How about screenshots of everything involved ie. linkgroup table, player table, events , scripts....

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      How about screenshots of everything involved ie. linkgroup table, player table, events , scripts....
      Very simple event...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
        Very simple event...
        Looks kosher. It does raises the question whether actually Sonos can do this, I wasn't really focusing on that this is an alarm that is being played. Maybe try to do this manually in that you link a player when an alarm is playing on one. If that doesn't work, I'm sure it won't work with the PI and might be something Sonos never thought off. If that's the case, maybe just have the other player(s) play something rather than trying to link em

Dirk

Comment

Just ran an alarm with the event still active and it did the same thing. Then while the alarm was still playing on the original zone I manually linked the same second zone and it stuck fine and played along without dropping back off.

The other interesting point is that when the event ran the second zone played for a bit but never showed as linked in the Sonos controller (PC version). When it worked manually of course the 2 zones showed as grouped in the controller.

I have another event that just relinks a certain pair of players every day at a specific time. That always works and the 2 players show as grouped in the Sonos controller so I know it is not a general linking problem.

Also this is not anything that I can't live without if it doesn't work. I just assumed I was doing something wrong and wanted to understand what.

Comment

Try inserting a WAIT action before the link action. Say 1-3 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
              Try inserting a WAIT action before the link action. Say 1-3 seconds.
              Would be curious to know whether that makes a difference.

I suspect the linking would need to become context sensitive and I may have to do something different, or slightly different (like not send a play command) and things will become complex in a hurry.

Comment

Tried with a 3 second wait and then a 10 second wait and no change. Also tried changing music source from a playlist to a radio station to verify the music source does not matter.

Does it every time so probably a Sonos quirk. Maybe they will address it in some future version of their API.

Comment

Working...
                X