HSTouch Server scripting issues in HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Server scripting issues in HS3

I am not sure if scripting is really supported with the HSTouch Server any more. I have been trying to find documentation on the HSTouch Server APIs. The only full listing of HSTouch Server APIs I have been able to find was in this post here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...on#post1040129

This post was made for HS2 back in 2012. I have not seen an API list for HS3.

In addition, I have tried a number of the APIs listed in the post above and MANY of them do not work.

I have the tried the following APIs via scripting and found them NOT to work:
    Control_Set_Text = 45
    Control_Set_Image_Norm = 42
    Control_Clear_Text = 54
    Screen_Show_Only = 60
    Screen_Close = 80

I have also tried the following APIs via scripting and found them to work
    Control_UnHide = 50
    Control_Hide = 40

I am now trying to set the text of an HSTouch element using the Control_Set_Text = 45 API. It looks like the API is broken such that the first parameter of the API (element name) is used both the first (element name) and second (text) parameters of the API.

Is there anyone that supports the HSTouch server API?

From HSTouch Desinger select Help / Contents, then select Advanced Functions. Is that what you are looking for?
    Attached Files
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      From HSTouch Desinger select Help / Contents, then select Advanced Functions. Is that what you are looking for?
      Sorry. No.

Please see this old post which lists the HSTouch Server Plugin APIs:

This is the kind of documentation I am looking for.

In addition, I found quite a few bugs in the API. I listed some of the API calls I found bugs in in my previous post.

If anyone IS supporting the HSTouch Server plugin API, then I would be happy to file these bugs through official process.

Comment

It appears that HST is moving to integrate HSTouch into the Homeseer main application. Recent betas have been testing that concept. (See the beta testing forum.) I suspect, therefore, that the plug-in API is about to become obsolete, and is probably not being supported in any meaningful way. The link I included is the only reference I am aware of. It is also noted in the thread you linked to.

Presumably, control over the HSTouch server will be thoroughly reworked in the new implementation and updated documentation will (eventually) be available describing it.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Here have been testing newer beta of Homeseer 3 with the HSTouch that is integrated with my embedded Wintel tabletop touchscreens.

Current version (not newest) is HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.349 (Linux).

Homeseer Touch server functions, switches type of stuff is all under the main setup of HS3 these days.

I have not touched any of the touchscreen designs and they seem fine.

Still running HSTouch V.36 on these clients.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by brianbthompson View Post
            I am not sure if scripting is really supported with the HSTouch Server any more. I have been trying to find documentation on the HSTouch Server APIs. The only full listing of HSTouch Server APIs I have been able to find was in this post here:

This post was made for HS2 back in 2012. I have not seen an API list for HS3.

In addition, I have tried a number of the APIs listed in the post above and MANY of them do not work.

I have the tried the following APIs via scripting and found them NOT to work:
            Control_Set_Text = 45
            Control_Set_Image_Norm = 42
            Control_Clear_Text = 54
            Screen_Show_Only = 60
            Screen_Close = 80

I have also tried the following APIs via scripting and found them to work
            Control_UnHide = 50
            Control_Hide = 40

I am now trying to set the text of an HSTouch element using the Control_Set_Text = 45 API. It looks like the API is broken such that the first parameter of the API (element name) is used both the first (element name) and second (text) parameters of the API.

Is there anyone that supports the HSTouch server API?
            I hate to resurect an old thread, but I see the OP is still active on the board. I'm willing to trade how to make "Control_Set_Text" work, for how to make "Control_Hide" and "Control_Unhide" work.

I have found that Control_Set_Text does work reliably, it's the script syntax that's not intuitive.

Comment

Working...
            X