No announcement yet.

SmartStick+ Errors - API Transmit Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So while I was working with HS, I decided to upgrade to .208. Once I rebooted after the install, these were the errors in start up:

Z-Wave Warning Unknown Z-Wave Device Product Information Frequency value=U.S./CANADA/MEXICO.

Z-Wave Warning Failed to add energy data received for Basement Laundry Room kW Hours to HomeSeer.
    Z-Wave Warning SmartStick+ Warning - no response in time for the CAPABILITIES list for this controller

Z-Wave Warning Unknown Z-Wave Device Product Information Frequency value=U.S./CANADA/MEXICO.
    Warning I/O interface Z-Wave is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

Comment

Current Date/Time: 10/9/2015 2:23:32 PM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.208
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
      System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 19 Minutes 29 Seconds
      IP Address: 127.0.0.1
      Number of Devices: 285
      Number of Events: 18

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.110.0: BLRadar
      3.0.1.8: HAI
      3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server
      3.0.1.37: Z-Wave

Comment

Now they have been upgraded from Warnings to Errors:

Oct-09 2:37:22 PM Z-Wave Error SmartStick+: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (SmartStick+).
        Oct-09 2:36:22 PM Z-Wave Error SmartStick+: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (SmartStick+).
        Oct-09 2:35:26 PM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin Z-Wave, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Oct-09 2:35:24 PM Error Calling ConfigDevice in plugin Z-Wave:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Oct-09 2:35:22 PM Z-Wave Error SmartStick+: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (SmartStick+).
        Oct-09 2:34:22 PM Z-Wave Error SmartStick+: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (SmartStick+).
        Oct-09 2:33:22 PM Z-Wave Error SmartStick+: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (SmartStick+).

Now lost control over all Z Wave devices

Comment

I've emailed the thread to Rich to have a look. If he can't uncover anything, it might be a bad stick.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

OH... one thing to check. Go to your Z-Wave controller mgmt page and expand the section at the top (Z-Wave Networks and Options). You should only have ONE listing there.. ONE network. Is that what you have?

Comment

Mark

I only have 1 interface:

Network Friendly Name HomeID Number of Nodes Interface Name Interface Model Node ID Network Option(s)

003D30DA 73 SmartStick+ HomeSeer SmartStick + 1
              No HomeSeer Associations
              Log Poll and Wake-Up Messages
              Z-Health
              Allow Non-Scene Nodes in Controllers

Poll Failure Limit

Comment

Mark asked me to have a look at this.

But I am at a loss, its possible there is a communication problem over the USB port, especially if it was working with the other stick. Maybe a driver conflict of some sort, I can only guess.

To help resolve, do you have another PC or laptop you can try the SmartStick+ in? You can simply copy your enter HS3 folder to the other system to run the same config. If no errors there, then we know its system related.

Comment

Just to understand, You want me to install HS3 onto another machine and the Smartstick+ (copy the folders over once installed)???

Comment

If possible, yes, so we can rule out a PC issue.

Originally posted by mbreeden View Post
                    Just to understand, You want me to install HS3 onto another machine and the Smartstick+ (copy the folders over once installed)???

Comment

Originally posted by mbreeden View Post
                      Yes it's pretty easy to do. Just download the HS 3 trial to another PC and install that. Then just take the files from your main PC copy them to a thumb drive or to your network and just copy them over the installation on the other PC. Configure the Smart stick on the other PC and then let that run for a little bit and see if you still get the same errors. That would confirm that the problem is either the stick or the system. If you don't want to do that, the only other option would be to RMA your stick and get a replacement to try.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have seen similar errors with my SmartStick+ on my Pi2 running HS3 Std. Have been having trouble with it. . .network interface disappeared in HS3 settings for some reason. . .thinking I should return it and switch to the ZNet I just purchased instead. Found this when trying to look for documentation on how it works when you have multiple interfaces active at one time?? ie, what happens if I were to keep an active interface connected to my Pi2 and I add a ZNet? Can I restore the network from my SmartStick to the ZNet and keep them both active? Is that like a multiple primary?

Comment

Same issues started today

Was there any solution to this? I am having the same problem. My issue started today after working fine for months. The system stopped responding today so I checked the logs. I am seeing the same error messages.

SmartStick+: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (SmartStick+).

I restarted the system thinking that would solve the problem. When that didn't work, I found this thread. I followed all the steps above and saw no difference.

The last post here is from back in October and I don't see a resolution. I'm not sure if my Smartstick+ is bad or if something has corrupted the software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

I have been getting this the last couple of weeks also

SmartStick+: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (SmartStick+).

When this happens the whole network appears to be really slow or non-functional.

I tried upgrading to Zwave plugin 3.0.1.64 but it still happens.

Restarting HS seems to clear this up for about 15 minutes then it comes back

Any ideas?
                            Last edited by madas; March 17, 2016, 02:45 PM.

Comment

How many devices do you have in your Z-Wave network? Are you polling a lot of devices? What hardware are you running HS3 on?

Comment

there are probably about 75 nodes. Most are being polled using the automatic settings (like every 20 mins). I doubt this is choking the device. Is there some way to easily/quickly update the polling times for multiple devices?

Its running on a VM machine with tons of cores/memory dedicated to the machine.

It ran fine for the past few months. I think it broke when I updated the Zwave plugin the last time.
                                Last edited by madas; March 18, 2016, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X