set device to device with delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

set device to device with delay

I want to set a bunch of z-wave devices to virtual devices, but want a delay after each device is set before moving on to set the next device.
    For example:
    set device1 to virtual1, then set device2 to virtual1, after 10sec, etc.

Can this feature be added or is it already there somewhere in easytrigger?

just add a wait action between each "Set device to another device" actions

Comment

ok, thanks. I was not sure how reliable the normal wait statement is.

can I somehow insert the wait between my existing event lines or do I have to redo/rewrite my entire event? I already 14 then statements in my event and I do not see the green + except the last line.
      Attached Files

Comment

you can drag and drop action lines to reorder them, not sure how well it works though

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          you can drag and drop action lines to reorder them, not sure how well it works though
          It works ok, but sometimes it puts it in the wrong place (above or below where you think you are putting it). It does work and doesn't normally mess things up. Would be nice if they included some up and down arrows for reordering them. Not normally a fan of those in UI Design, but in this case, what they have is very picky about where you have to have it to put it in the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
            It works ok, but sometimes it puts it in the wrong place (above or below where you think you are putting it). It does work and doesn't normally mess things up. Would be nice if they included some up and down arrows for reordering them. Not normally a fan of those in UI Design, but in this case, what they have is very picky about where you have to have it to put it in the right place.
            You should be able to click on and drag any action up the chain. I have not been able to drag them down. You can pull your first item to the top, the second to just below it and so on. It works reliably for me. I add "wait" actions at the bottom, then drag them to where I want them in the process.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              You should be able to click on and drag any action up the chain. I have not been able to drag them down. You can pull your first item to the top, the second to just below it and so on. It works reliably for me. I add "wait" actions at the bottom, then drag them to where I want them in the process.
              I have no issue moving them up or down. My only issue is sometimes when I drop them, they don't go where I thought (either going one space up or one space down from where I intended them to go).

I just tested it and I can move things down fine (with the above small issue sometimes).

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                I have no issue moving them up or down. My only issue is sometimes when I drop them, they don't go where I thought (either going one space up or one space down from where I intended them to go).

I just tested it and I can move things down fine (with the above small issue sometimes).
                It has been quite a while since I tried moving them down. It must have been fixed sometime in the last year, because it works fine both ways now. I am able to place them anywhere I want by placing the action just below, but touching the action I want it to follow.

Needless to say, this is impossible on a tablet, you need a mouse
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

are you saying I can left click and drag the green + button to any line/row I want?

I can confirm that I can't do that via myhs portal using chrome.
                  Do I have be on local lan to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo View Post
                    are you saying I can left click and drag the green + button to any line/row I want?

I can confirm that I can't do that via myhs portal using chrome.
                    Do I have be on local lan to do this?
                    No, click the plus...it will add a row. Now you can click (and hold) on the "light green" of that new row and drag it up.

Alternatively, if you have row already created, just click (and hold) and drag and drop it up or down to where you want it.

Comment

got it, thank you.
                      It worked well.
                      Now we'll see if the event will run as it is suppose to.

Comment

Working...
                      X