No announcement yet.

Aeon Labs Multi-sensor accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a great use for a sensor. Many years ago when I lived in northern New Hampshire, we had to shut the water off to the house and open all the valves. It would be cool to have Homeseer do that for you.

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by KandB View Post
      When the Denver area was in single digits over Christmas and we were out of town, I borrowed a gen 5 sensor so I could monitor the temp near some pipes. I found it was reading 4 to 5 degrees F below a calibrated, non-z-wave sensor that I had in place. I compensated for it by setting the event to text me if the temp dropped to 36, knowing that it would really be 40 (and still time enough to get a friend over to the house before the pipes popped).

The php script would have been a nice way to address it; the gen 6 ability to calibrate it in the sensor would have been even better for my purposes (no ladders required).

Another person nearby . Yes this year has not been fun. Not warm enough for anything to melt. My father does the same thing as he lives up in the mountains and goes to a different house for the winter where it's warm. He monitors the temps and if something looks screwy I get to be voluntold to go check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
        Here 'tis...

- Robert
        Thanks very much for sharing the script which I have managed to install to correct one of my Multi-Sensors. It is working fine and I am getting the corrected value in HSTouch.

However, I would like to get the corrected value to also display in the status column of HS3 web interface.

Anyone know how I should modify the script to get it to display the corrected value in the status column?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post
          Thanks very much for sharing the script which I have managed to install to correct one of my Multi-Sensors. It is working fine and I am getting the corrected value in HSTouch.

However, I would like to get the corrected value to also display in the status column of HS3 web interface.

Anyone know how I should modify the script to get it to display the corrected value in the status column?
          You're welcome. You have to set the values in the Status Graphics tab. Like this:

- Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks so much. One more basic piece of knowledge under the belt thanks to you.

If I may, one more

How can I get the script to calculate to one decimal place? The measured Aeotec value is to one decimal place, but I am getting an output without a decimal place even though I have the offset = -3.0

Comment

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post
              Thanks so much. One more basic piece of knowledge under the belt thanks to you.

If I may, one more

How can I get the script to calculate to one decimal place? The measured Aeotec value is to one decimal place, but I am getting an output without a decimal place even though I have the offset = -3.0
              The script will produce a value to 1 decimal point (or more depending on your offset) but make sure you set the number of decimal places in the Status Graphics tab for the virtual device.

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
                The script will produce a value to 1 decimal point (or more depending on your offset) but make sure you set the number of decimal places in the Status Graphics tab for the virtual device.

- Robert
                Hmm, that is strange. When I have the script offset = -3.0, it does not output a decimal point. But if I change the offset to -3.1, it works fine.

Anyway, I'm happy with that. Thanks again Robert.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                X